Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
An unfired model 20B

This is one of my shotguns, an unfired 1951 model 20B.

I'll post more pics later.

As per one can see there is no ghost ring (or cartridge head marks) around the firing pin protusion holes.

100% of the case hardening color is still present. Some very minor marks of handling on the whole gun assembly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Model 52 Husqvarna. Got it a month ago and today was the first time I've shot it. Nice feel and a natural pointer. I'm really happy with it. Needs some TLC cosmetically but mechanically A-1 with a tight action and the bores are polished like mirrors. Previous owner(s) definitely hunted with it, but they knew how to keep up the maintenance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hva shotgun m17A 24 gauge rifled

Hva m17A older model (äldre modell) gauge 24, left barrel has a straight rifling and the right barrel has a normal rifling, both 24 gauge, long lock plates and the old beautiful hammers.
/klashag

·
Registered
864 Posts
HA! - JK- I was about ready to sand it down to the wood and put 3 or 4 more thin coats on to give it a mirror finish just like a Belgium Browning, but may just put a few more one. It's filled now, but of course, shows the odd dimple of the grain structure underneath. Think maybe I'll just finish it off without the sanding. I need to burnish the metal now - lazy - cold outside, might just go back to bed. Winter's dragging - kinda depressed with it all - -20 right now, wind chill -34 - suppose to go to -30 tonight with wind chill in the -40's. This is 9th March, for crying out loud!

Oops, kinda got carried away there - this will be a nice gun when finished. I have to send the scans of the hammers off to a friend in England who'd going to try to match the left hammer for me. The one on the right side is a replacement and of standard M20 type. The left hammer is stamped inside with 555, same as all the other parts of the gun. I'll edit to include pics of the hammers. As you can se, the left hammer is much more refined and actually has the proper 'throw', while the replacement hammer hits low on the nose.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you use with those Husqvarna doubles, with hammers, only blackpowder cartridges? In one gunstore, here in Finland, have few nice double Huskys. Im thinking, should I buy one...? One with straight stock costs 150€, thats about 160$ or something..??

model 20, cal 12, 150€

model 20B, cal 12, 200€

model 20B, cal 12, 200€

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think any normal smokeless loads should be OK. If handloading, you can pick powders that give very low pressures, yet excellent ballistics. Normal trap-loads, guesssed by many to be low pressure, aren't and generate as much pressure as full 2 3/4" magnum loads. The ceiling of shotguns is around 11,500PSI and that is what trap loads generate. You can load from manuals to around 7,800 to 8,500spi and get the same or lower pressure than what real BP gives.

My Husky 16 bore was made in around 1900 and therefore, it must be a smokeless powder gun. The rifled 13 bore barrel was supposed to use 16 bore brass with a large ball loaded with BP. With round ball loads, I use 16 bore brass and black powder. In the shotgun barrel, I use plastic cases with smokeless powder = perfect results.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts