Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Hey! Sean, now you too, you're getting very deep in illness!

Here's a pic of one of my shotguns... I am running out of time for more pics by now, but it will come soon.

That's a 350, year 1953
Sorry for the dog's hair, when the dog sees a shotgun, it stick besiides waiting for me to go out.... so, in it's wait, decided the blanket was a cozy place to be....

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
They look like numbers to me. But, I can say without a doubt that they are not Husqvarna "factory" numbers. Due to the damascas barrels this could be a very early gun that was made before Husqvarna started stamping serial numbers on their commercial guns. Over the years, I have seen several without serial numbers. I think these numbers were added later and then they were mis-stamped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hva m17 pinfire shotguns

Two Hva pinfire shotguns with fluid steel barrels, 12 and 16 gauge.
Both are m17 äldsta modell (oldest model), the serial numbers are 4498 and 6089.
They are without both engravings and checkering, low price model?
/klashag

·
Registered
20 Posts
s/n 1919

They look like numbers to me. But, I can say without a doubt that they are not Husqvarna "factory" numbers. Due to the damascas barrels this could be a very early gun that was made before Husqvarna started stamping serial numbers on their commercial guns. Over the years, I have seen several without serial numbers. I think these numbers were added later and then they were mis-stamped.
The serial number 1919 is stamped to the left out of the left picture, I forgot to write that.
I think the damascus barrels are from Belgium. Did they ever make damascus barrels at all at Husqvarna?
/klashag

·
Registered
302 Posts
Klashag,

Notice that your two M17 pinfires have side locks fastened with only one screw. My oldest Husqvarna hammer double (top lever, either M42 or M47 -- I forget at moment) has such single screw fastening and was made in 1890. It too has no engraving at all but, does have checkering on grip and may have had on forestock (which looks to be replacement). It also has no dollshead (dockhuvud) or cross bolt. It does have fluid steel barrels. It is my duck gun this year -- going out again tomorrow.

Niklas

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The serial number 1919 is stamped to the left out of the left picture, I forgot to write that.
I think the damascus barrels are from Belgium. Did they ever make damascus barrels at all at Husqvarna?
/klashag
I believe that Husqvarna purchased at least some of their damascus barrels from Belgium. There is something in the Husqvarna Shotgun book about the damascus barrels, but I don't have a translation of that page. I thought that one of those markings on your gun could be the Liege stamp.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe that Husqvarna purchased at least some of their damascus barrels from Belgium. There is something in the Husqvarna Shotgun book about the damascus barrels, but I don't have a translation of that page. I thought that one of those markings on your gun could be the Liege stamp.
I took these from the passage “Damascus barrels”, in the book "Husqvarna Haglvåben 1877 - 1977".

It is questionable whether Husqvarna has ever dealt with the manufacture of Damascus barrels. In contrast, it is known that the factory has imported many different kinds of barrels, more or less finished. In older catalogues (such as it was released in April 1891) describes these various Damascus barrels during the same product name. Thus appear terms as "Damas Along" - "Ruban Anglais", - "Damas Crolles," - "Anglais laminated Steel" - Inc.

Swift

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This is a pic of a model 60. It is the first hammerless model produced by Husqvarna. It is based on an action purchased in the white from Sauer. As you can see from the pic, it is a high grade gun. This model is near the top of my wish list. :)

21 - 40 of 105 Posts