Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my goodness! Steve, you need to get us some more detailed pictures. Just the front row of that picture has me drooling! I think you have too much in there. Let me know if I can help you make some room in there!

Take care,

Mike
<><
That pic is old, it's fuller now .... :)

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
klashag;

How about if I give you my address and you can send that model 43 right over ...... :)

I have always wanted a clef serpent opener ..... my model 43 is a toplever. :(

You have a beautiful gun!

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
They look like numbers to me. But, I can say without a doubt that they are not Husqvarna "factory" numbers. Due to the damascas barrels this could be a very early gun that was made before Husqvarna started stamping serial numbers on their commercial guns. Over the years, I have seen several without serial numbers. I think these numbers were added later and then they were mis-stamped.

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The serial number 1919 is stamped to the left out of the left picture, I forgot to write that.
I think the damascus barrels are from Belgium. Did they ever make damascus barrels at all at Husqvarna?
/klashag
I believe that Husqvarna purchased at least some of their damascus barrels from Belgium. There is something in the Husqvarna Shotgun book about the damascus barrels, but I don't have a translation of that page. I thought that one of those markings on your gun could be the Liege stamp.

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This is a pic of a model 60. It is the first hammerless model produced by Husqvarna. It is based on an action purchased in the white from Sauer. As you can see from the pic, it is a high grade gun. This model is near the top of my wish list. :)

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Modle 310 DS

Here are some pics of a model 310 with D grade engraving made in 1919. The D grade is the second highest grade of engraving with only the Lyx being above it on the model 310. The gun has 2 sets of barrels, both numbered to the receiver. One set was made much later, probably after WWII. The gun is very tight with both sets of barrels. As you can see, the stock has been broken and repaired with brass plates. The plates are inletted flush with the wood on the stock, and the inletting is perfect. I wish the time and effort put into the repair would have been put towards making a new butt stock.

Attachments

·
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Model 350 Lyx

This picture of a model 350 Lyx (the top level of engraving) is from a 2007 auction in Sweden. It was listed as a "trap" gun, but it would be better described as a skeet gun due to the barrel length of 66 cm (26 inches). The combination of Lyx engraving, beavertail forend, short barrels, and ventilated rib make this a unique gun. It sold for 18,000 Swedish Kroner, about $2,900 at the current exchange rate. Sadly, it is not one of mine.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts