Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my goodness! Steve, you need to get us some more detailed pictures. Just the front row of that picture has me drooling! I think you have too much in there. Let me know if I can help you make some room in there!

Take care,

Mike
<><
That pic is old, it's fuller now .... :)

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
klashag;

How about if I give you my address and you can send that model 43 right over ...... :)

I have always wanted a clef serpent opener ..... my model 43 is a toplever. :(

You have a beautiful gun!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
HVA Model 1310 Photos

I've attached some photos of my SXS for your reference. I've posted other information about this shotgun. If your interested just do a search with my user name or send a PM. I'm interested in your comments about the piece. It has sure been an important piece of my life! Enjoy, John

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK, I think I just fell in love. Does the
103 accept modern smokeless powder? If so, anyone have one available?
Thanks,
John
Hello John,

I shoot smokeless powder in my 103 CS, but only shells with known low pressures. This usually means reloads, RST, B&P or WinLites. No sense in stressing out a 97 year old beauty!

I have no idea where you can find one. Mine is not for sale and I looked and waited a long time before I found it.

Take care,

Mike
<><

p.s. Your 1310 is a nice looking gun too!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mike,
I'm not in any rush. A 103 is something else I can be looking for at various gun shows, etc. It makes sense to use the lower pressure loads. I guess I may get into reloading myself. I never had the interest with the little I shoot in volume, but, I sure like to take 'em out periodically.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
366 Posts
Old pictures of a working gun, you might have seen them before.
The finish of this 102 made in 1904 is well worn, but the action is still very tight.
Since it is used mainly for bird hunting the usual diet is 12/65 paper hull, fiber wad cartridges, either 1 1/8 oz Gyttorp Pheasant or, when I can get them, 1 oz Hull Three Crowns.
The shot patterns are almost manageable with these cartridges, despite the rather heavy chokes. Still, as it is a bird gun, I'm considering having the chokes opened a bit.

Pettson

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is almost like cheating, since the 17C is only half a shotgun... :)
This one was once restored at Husqvarna. The beech stock is nicely refinished, but still a beech stock.
I've been eyeballing a nice piece of walnut I have sitting in a corner for a long time now...

Shotgun barrel is 16/65, and the rifle barrel is 9,3x57R, or 360 Express 2 1/4" if you prefer the British nomenclature.
I mentioned this in a post some 30 years or so ago; I've also fitted a double 16 gauge barrel to it, so it now has two barrel sets. No pictures of that yet, since it hasn't been reblued yet.
A leather & canvas motor case would go nicely with the set...

Pettson

·
Registered
366 Posts
A 1310 in skeet configuration. Similar to the earlier 310 skeet model, it has shorter and slightly thicker barrels than usual, skeet choke on both barrels, and a deep forend.
The extractor on the skeet models is marked with an "X".

Pettson

1 - 20 of 105 Posts