Printed from: Gunboards
Topic URL: http://old.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=217106
Printed on: 09/19/2007
Topic:
Topic author: Duckbill
Subject: Husky H-5000
Posted on: 03/18/2007 4:02:05 PM
Hello,
Newbie here with some info request. I just won an auction for a Tradewinds Husky H-5000 30-06. I've been reading up on the Husqvarnas and am really intrigued by them. This particular rifle has me a bit stumped by two things, though. One is that on the barrel it reads "Made in Germany". The other is that it has a detachable magazine. Ser# 170XXX. Here are a few pics from the auction page. I'm still waiting to receive the gun, but wanted some info before it gets here. Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Reply author: kriggevaer
Replied on: 03/18/2007 5:21:42 PM
Hi Duckbill,
Well, your rifle is actually a German made Krico (Kriegskorte)and not a Husqvarna. Is the barrel stamped "Made in Sweden". If it isn't it is all German. The "Husky" name was used by Tradewinds on these rifles. Not sure why. They are well built rifles, just not Swedish.
Reply author: daniel phillips
Replied on: 03/18/2007 5:54:33 PM
i believe from memory, tradewinds owned the "husky" name trademark and got into a deal with krico and inported under the same name and h-5000 these rifles, it caused one of the many confusions around putting different lables on the same guns/ and putting same labels on different guns as in this case. thanks to market opportuities show me the money. daniel phillips
Reply author: Duckbill
Replied on: 03/18/2007 7:47:59 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the replies. I would be a bit dissapointed that it's not an HVA, but I like unique guns. I'll probably be happy with it just the same.
Any idea what kind of action that is? FN maybe?
Reply author: kriggevaer
Replied on: 03/18/2007 8:25:42 PM
The actions are Krico designed and made in Germany. They are a bit unusual.
Replied on: 03/18/2007 9:05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by kriggevaer

The actions are Krico designed and made in Germany. They are a bit unusual.

I found it in Frank De Haas' book "Bolt Action Rifles". It looks like a Krico 600 series action.
Reply author: sbhva
Replied on: 03/18/2007 9:45:06 PM
Tradewinds owned the copywrite to "Husky H-5000". Irv Wallentiny tried to sell it to me in the mid 90's for $10,000. I politely declined. Husqvarna was gearing up for the 1900 and I don't think they wanted to continue the H-5000 economy model (the cheapest model in the line in the US) and in fact they may have been losing money on it. One of the advantages of the 1900 was that it was cheaper to produce.
Replied on: 03/19/2007 09:34:31 AM
Steve,
I read a post of yours from a couple of years back that said you had some extra magazines for them. You wouldn't happen to have a 30-06 mag would you? I'm sure I'm going to need a spare.
Thanks,
Bill
Reply author: daniel phillips
Replied on: 03/19/2007 10:38:42 AM
steve your right on the info. i though it was a little difficult to stick to one/the subject hvas with mr wallentiny nice guy. wounder who got mr. wallentinys mod 3000 engraved presentation model? i tried talking to him about it he would step around it.daniel phillips
Replied on: 03/19/2007 3:22:13 PM
Dan, without totally hi-jacking this thread, the engraved gun went to his son. A fellow collector had a deal to buy it at one time, but the son whined about it and Irv backed out of the deal.
Replied on: 03/19/2007 3:23:23 PM
Duckbill;

I only have .222 mags left.
Replied on: 03/28/2007 09:47:18 AM
My rifle arrived today. If it shoots as sweet as it feels, she's a keeper. By far, the smoothest action I've cycled in a long time. I know it's not a Swede, but my initial impression is a good one.
Now, I just need to start saving for a Husqvarna
© 2000-2006 Gunboards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacement parts,

I recently purchased a German made Husky H-5000 in 30-06. I've read elsewhere that any stock made for a
Mauser 98 could easily be inlet to fit these rifles. I was wondering how true these statements are.

As well I would like to know where I'd be able to find trigger assemblies and bolts.

Any help is appreciated,
IJSteiger

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
The German made Husky H-5000 was made by Krico. A stock for a 98 Mauser will not easily fit this action. The information you saw was referring to the Husqvarna made small ring type action (1640 action).

I have no idea where to find Krico parts and since it is a German made gun, it is technically off topic for this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts