Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Ab Nitro 7mm Rem at a yard sale cheaply a year or so ago. However, I only got the stock and barrel -- both in great shape. I think the missing piece is a small ring M96, M98 or M94 -- Not sure? Perhaps, there are experts on here that might know? Any suggestions for restoring the rifle would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback and the two web sites. I do like the feel of the stock and think once assembled will be a great rifle. Never owned a husky so it is all new to me. I think the action may be hard to find, because the barrel is in a newspaper tube. The newspapers dates are from 1981. I am guessing this was a pet project of the former owner that was not completed. I was browsing the other posts and saw your Husky .308, which the stock was similar (from 9/17/07). Is the 1640 action in 7mm or magnum calibers rare animals? Is the .308 or 30-06 more common due to military use and a better choice for finding a barreled action?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.