Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Ab Nitro 7mm Rem at a yard sale cheaply a year or so ago. However, I only got the stock and barrel -- both in great shape. I think the missing piece is a small ring M96, M98 or M94 -- Not sure? Perhaps, there are experts on here that might know? Any suggestions for restoring the rifle would be appreciated.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
It looks to me it's neither a M/94 nor a M/98, but a 1640 action that you need.
Try contacting Allan"s Armory or Kebco to find an barelled action... but I doubt this will be easy since you will need an oversize bolt head to handle the Magnum cartridge. The other solution is to open up the blot face of a standard one to fit your 7mm Mag.... or just buy a barreled action and fit it in your own stock....
The stock you have is also made for the later alloy trigger plate, not the steel one.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback and the two web sites. I do like the feel of the stock and think once assembled will be a great rifle. Never owned a husky so it is all new to me. I think the action may be hard to find, because the barrel is in a newspaper tube. The newspapers dates are from 1981. I am guessing this was a pet project of the former owner that was not completed. I was browsing the other posts and saw your Husky .308, which the stock was similar (from 9/17/07). Is the 1640 action in 7mm or magnum calibers rare animals? Is the .308 or 30-06 more common due to military use and a better choice for finding a barreled action?

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I agree with Baribal, it would ultimately be worth it to find an action and get this fine rifle shooting again. But, as he also noted, it might take some patience to find that action. If you stay tuned to the forum here you have a fair to good chance of finding one. It just might take some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.