Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had such a blast with my Simson SxS I've decided to add another to the fold. I'm thinking it'll be a husqvarna to complement my big game rifle and my .22. What are your thoughts on the husky SxS? I'm mostly looking at the 610. Is there any major fit and finish differences between the 610, 615, and 310? Do they handle well?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Coues,

Mine is a 310 of some sort, and I am happy with it.
As Baribal says, it's an A & D action, but has very nicely made intercepting sears. Mine has a straight -hand stock because that is what I grew up with and like best.
For the price, it was a beautifully made gun.
It has some stiff competition, as I have a HJ Hussey SLE, and a V nice provincial SLE double belonging to my G-father. The Husqvarna is V well made, and beautiful lock -work.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I ended up picking up what appears to be an excellent condition 615 with a straight grip stock for a very good price. It looks very plain but undoubtedly a workhorse. I'm excited to use it on some upland hunts this year.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I guess I'm too late to the party... Hopefully you enjoy your 615. In the future stick with the 310s...the rest of the hammerless models seem clunky by comparison. A DISSSSTANT second would be the 1310, but again, the 310 is an very nice svelte shotgun and the probably the finest Husqvarna made. Some of the hammerguns can be quite nice though if you're into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Can you tell us which model of 310 the top two are, Fallsch?
They look like 310 AS by the engraving.
Mine is a 310-A but Seems to have the AS engraving. It has the 'normal" Sandvik Swedish steel barrels, rather than the special steel.

Yours look V nice! What years are they?
Mine's 1935.
The only thing I don't like about them, is the shnabel forend.

·
Registered
308 Posts
They are both AS. A is the engraving level and S is the barrel steel, in this case referring to Svensk Special Stal. Be aware that the lack of S does not always infer that it's plain Svensk Stal but can sometimes mean the tubes are Antioxid steel which I presume is a kind of stainless in that it should not rust as much given the Antioxid title.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a March 1935 German Simson 12 gauge side by side. It has Swedish steel barrels, yet a proof mark from a Suhl barrel maker. Usually these are with German barrels, I think, but I have seen a photo of another with Swedish steel barrels. Inexpensive but seems very well made. Interest in a 310 also.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,191 Posts
I have a March 1935 German Simson 12 gauge side by side. It has Swedish steel barrels, yet a proof mark from a Suhl barrel maker. Usually these are with German barrels, I think, but I have seen a photo of another with Swedish steel barrels. Inexpensive but seems very well made. Interest in a 310 also.
all 3# Saure actions a marked> Simson, Husg., Saure Royal
the trade in those days same as now farming out frame, barrels for others common!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.