Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At a gunshow this weekend past, I came upon this little gem lying among a large assortment of .22 rimfire rifles. It is the first one I've seen in the wild for at least ten years or so. At that time I had purchased several of the earlier octogan barrel types from Simpsons to resell. And they did too, but before I'd had a chance to get to know them or what Model they were even. So suffering from sellers remorse for a decade plus, this one wasn't getting away.
As an aside, there were more .22 Rim Fire rifles and handguns at this show then I've ever seen ever. Any one else noticed this at the fall shows lately?
Anyway, a few pics.
BTW, the Trash Can Bandit fell to the first shot from this rifle. I hadn't even cleaned it or test fired it yet. Critter was sneaking around my barn and gave me about a forty yard chance for a head shot. When I looked later, the elevator was set at 50 meters so all was well. Not for the Bandit, but I digreas. Any more of these IMG_2245.jpg IMG_2240.jpg IMG_2246.jpg IMG_2247.jpg IMG_2239.jpg out there making a man smile?
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
there are quite a few of these, of lesser condition than yours and mine, available. the younger crowd nowadays doesn't have much interest in 'single shots'. even here on this forum, there is not much commentary about firearms of the single shot variety. seems to be more interest in the types that come with a 30 shot magazine??

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right about that! I mean, I get it, but the precision of these 'single shot' rifles, turned out of the finest Swedish steel and carefully fit into a well shaped stock beats any folded/stamped metal/injection molded/investment cast/camo painted etc etc. Just take a look at the tiny little pin pressed into the rear sight elevator to keep it from getting lost. Amazing! Husqvarna planned on long term use and customer satisfaction with their products from the beginning so a person will buy more of their offerings because of that basic business model.
Can you tell I like my new rifle??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts