1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Author Topic
kriggevaer
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
1709 Posts
Posted - 10/29/2005 : 7:55:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this would be fun to share, an advertisement from a 1974 gun magazine. Remember though, $149 in 1974 was a heck of a lot more money than it is today. Still, I should have bought everyone I saw

Download Attachment:
122.14 KB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kriggevær

"Roland was a warrior from the Land of the Midnight Sun..."

sbhva

USA
1477 Posts
Posted - 10/30/2005 : 08:28:12 AM

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe that is the time frame when all those Danish military/police versions showed up here. I have a buddy that bought 2 of them for $200 a piece in a gunshop in Milwaukee WI in 1976. Could that be when the were "surplused"?

Steve

kriggevaer

USA
1709 Posts
Posted - 10/30/2005 : 09:06:40 AM

That's a good question and I really don't know the answer to it. I'll bet Ummimak would know. The Model 40 I had (sob, snivel) was a Swedish civilian that I bought in 1982 for $350.

kriggevær

sbhva

USA
1477 Posts
Posted - 10/30/2005 : 09:10:20 AM

A real "H" prefix????????

I hate to do this to you buddy, but you DESERVE IT!!!!!!!

Civilian M40's can sell for ALOT more than that now! Just ask Ken.

Steve

kriggevaer

USA
1709 Posts
Posted - 10/30/2005 : 2:05:40 PM

I know, I know...Young, dumb, and in college, flat broke, just divorced, sob, sniff, snivel. I have no excuses, but perhaps gun collector karma will be good to me and reunite me with an H prefix. Oh heck, I'll take any prefix I can get!

kriggevær

JDinIdaho
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts
Posted - 02/19/2006 : 2:06:00 PM

New to this site and recently bought a m/40 pistol...trying to determine it's worth and age. Rplt S 5661 on right side, and the serial # 68144 on left side. Please anyone that can help me find more info on this pistol,greatly appreciated.

Umimmak Torulleq
Gunboards Premium Member

Denmark
104 Posts
Posted - 02/19/2006 : 3:40:24 PM

RPLT stands for Rigspolitiet, which means something like Police Department or something like that. I don't know when these were sold from the danish police who bought Walter PPK in stead, but they now have been changed again for 9 mm H&K.

I can though tell you of a very unusual use of these old police pistols. From 1946-50 some 46 criminals were executed by firing squad for crimes during WW II. All had been nazi terrorists and commited torture and/or murders as Gestapo employees. The executions were done by the policeforce who used danish Krag-Jorgensen or left-over german K98. But in case the poor soul did not die properly from 10 shots through his chest (aparantly the firing squad sometimes got panic and couldn't hit) the executions leader had to go closer and shoot the unlucky soul in the head using his 9 mm Husqvarna servicepistol! A true coup des grace!

Hope you wil like these juicy details!!!

Best from Umimmak Torulleq

Edited by - Umimmak Torulleq on 02/19/2006 5:11:35 PM

JDinIdaho
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts
Posted - 02/23/2006 : 1:30:10 PM

Thanks for the info. Any other web sites I can search, that you know of?

sbhva

USA
1477 Posts
Posted - 02/23/2006 : 3:24:32 PM

Check out this page of Pettson's Place:
http://www.pettsons.net/Handguns.html

Steve

Fushigi Ojisan

USA
1130 Posts
Posted - 02/23/2006 : 10:00:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JDinIdaho

New to this site and recently bought a m/40 pistol...trying to determine it's worth and age. Rplt S 5661 on right side, and the serial # 68144 on left side. Please anyone that can help me find more info on this pistol,greatly appreciated.

Mine is Rplt S 5343 and serial # 67575

Is yours Century-marked as well?

JDinIdaho
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts
Posted - 02/25/2006 : 12:27:15 PM

Century mark? Where is it located?

Fushigi Ojisan

USA
1130 Posts
Posted - 02/26/2006 : 07:39:44 AM

Under the serial number on the frame

SWEDEN M40 9MM
CDI SWAN VT

Edited by - Fushigi Ojisan on 02/26/2006 07:40:42 AM

JDinIdaho
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts
Posted - 02/26/2006 : 12:24:48 PM

No century mark, just the serial number.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts