Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1943 Husqvarna M96 and have a couple of questions about it. First I noticed that it had a rebuild stamp on it which I thought was kind of odd. Were the Husqvarna rifles rebuilt at the military armories too? I also have a question on the "S.S" stamp under the rear sight. Are these inspector's initials or something else?

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So Sten Stenmo must have inspected the M96 rifles as well. My serial # is 687185. One more question. As far as matching numbers go on these rifles. What should actually be stamped with numbers? And are the Husqvarna crowns always slanted because the crown on my cocking piece is not.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is this cocking piece Husqvarna then? The crown looks the same as the one on the shroud but is not slanted. I have not seen any electro pencil marks on my M96. The only places that have matching #'s is the receiver, safety,butt plate, bolt and the firing pin, and if i remember right the wood. Everything else has a slanted crown proof on them

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here is the number on the receiver and the safety The safety also has a tilted crown but you cant' see it behind the cocking piece. The wood is not numbered. There is just a crown on the upper handguard on the inside.

Here is what is on barrel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.