Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,831 Posts
Lets dont mix m/38 with m/96.

Let see now...I doubt the Crown mark on the stock is a rebuild mark, rather an inspection mark. M/96 Husqvarna was made directly for FSR. Was made from scratch and not a rebuild old m/96. Does anyone have a Husqvarna m/96 with stock cartouches indicating reworks at an Army workshop ("Tygstation"). Did Husqvarna m/96 has electro penciled parts or just occasionaly on m/38? I know that military depots did some adjustments and repairs short after some FSR m/96 had been delivered to FSR-shooters (repairs was done by skilled civilian gunsmiths to). If I recall right did CG in Eskilstuna deliver some parts to Husqvarna for the production of m/96 but I am not 100% sure on that part and have to check the litterature from the period and get back.
Regards,
ARILAR:)

· Registered
2,831 Posts
CG cocking piece!!

And the style on the numbers "185" looks as they are put there much later than 1943 (just look on the style on the number at the receiver to compare). Most parts on Husqvarna m/96 has the tilted crown but are lacking number.
Regards,
ARILAR:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.