Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First post here, but a unique looking Husqvarna rifle is up for sale in my area and I was hoping to get some help identifying it.
It is listed as a 30-06 crown grade and described as follows:
It has a 24" barrel, jeweled bolt, walnut stock with capped pistol grip, and black forend tip. Buttstock has European style check piece, and Bavarian style comb.
Rifle comes with scope bases and rings only. Serial # 231228A.
Pictures are here:
http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu210/ssashotsc/?action=view&current=IMG_0024.jpg

I am particularly interested in model and action type.
I haven't seen any with that style of stock before.

Thanks in advance.

·
Silver Bullet member
52,963 Posts
mod 3000 /or 3100 can't get the pictures to show all the way through. look up these two model numbers. excellent wood gain .:thumbsup: would be a good buy at the right price.
have one in 308 win. GH side mounts. <><dk

·
Silver Bullet member
52,963 Posts
as a control feed action like 98 mauser but an excellent streamlined action with excellent strength and accurate history baverian stock i can't see ? picture problems but none i've ever seen? <><dk

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Thank you, sir.

Do you know if the bavarian style stocks are very common?
Would that be a controlled-round feed action? From the pictures it looks push-feed?

Dan
The rifle is a most likely a model 3000 Crown Grade. I say most likely because somone has done some major work on the stock. The model 3000 has a Monte Carlo comb while the model 3100 has a straight comb. I think the stock was originally a Monte Carlo comb that has been sanded/carved to look sort of like a "Bavarian" style comb. It did NOT come from the factory that way.

The action is called the 1640 and is essentially a small ring model 98 type. It is not a push feed action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts