Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I found this forum during a search for information on a rifle I recently acquired from my grandfather, and I was hoping someone here might have some information on it, as what little I've found has been scarce. I've determined it's a Husqvarna Series 6000 Imperial Grade rifle chambered in 7mm Magnum, and from what I've heard, it's a VERY good rifle. A hunting trip with it and some time at the range has backed that up. What I'm looking for is the value of the gun (Just out of curiosity, not looking to sell as it's quickly become my favorite rifle to shoot), how good of a gun is it, and what makes it such a good rifle.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
i have and Imperial grade 6000 my self..... quick detachable claw mounts that are see through with German scope and fitted
double set triggers all put on in germany by org. owner...
fine guns hard to find in great condition.....i paid $ 800 MANY years ago....after many many years looking for one!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny how real life has a way of tearing you from the really important things, like the Internet. In any case, I return bearing gifts! Specifically, pictures. I'll spare you the details of the facepalming I did when I realized I hadn't even thought to check the barrel in my haste to find information about the gun. Turns out it's an 8000, not a 6000. I'm not sure what that makes it, so I'm hoping y'all can help. Anyways, here are the pictures:

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
8000 1900 action vs 1640 mod 6000.....
best action made to date....accuracy exceptional....you have a low production 1900 action...before they sold out to
carl gustaf.....i have the carl gustaf version of this! unfired!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8000 1900 action vs 1640 mod 6000.....
best action made to date....accuracy exceptional....you have a low production 1900 action...before they sold out to
carl gustaf.....i have the carl gustaf version of this! unfired!
I take it that's a good thing? Also, would you happen to know where I might find some more information about this particular model and action?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, you'll have to search the forum here. You can also check for Zoli 1900 references, as they are the same action, minus some "improvements".
What do you want to know? Maybe we can tell you.
From what other information I've found I'm pretty sure it's not an Imperial Grade, but then, is it a Crown Grade, or a separate kind of rifle? How does the 1900 action before they sold out to Carl Gustaf compare to the ones made after? Is it a good thing that mine was made before they sold out? Lastly, what's the average value of a rifle like this?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It is good it's a HVA, but in fact HVA made only a very little run of them. FFV and CG used the same machinery and expertise, so the quality is prety much the all over the production.
It's a good thing it's a HVA, as it's the smallest production of all the 1900. But really, it's the same rifle.

As for the model, it's a 8000, a.k.a. "Imperial Grade" while the 9000 was "Crown Grade", those names were given by Tradewinds and HVA themselves never used it.
The "real" Imperial grade were the models 6000 and 7000 and were stamped "Imperial".
The 8000 ended up as the Grade III, Trofé and Lyx versions while the 9000 became the Grade II and "Special" models.

I don't know the actual value in the USA, but my guess would be a couple hundreds above 1 000.00 $ would be a fair price. Here in Canada, it usually goes for around 800.00 $ to 1 000.00 $

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
$ 800 to 1000....depending on modle condition and hang tags boxes or type of extras scopes...etc...1900 is my best action and guns in my collection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.