Gunboards Forums banner

Husqvarna 615 Ejectors

404 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Coues106 
#1 · (Edited)
I was doing an initial cleaning of my husqvarna 615 and found that the "disk"(?) on the forend that puts pressure on the ejector rod is a replacement with a different serial number. It is loose and fell out in my cleaning so I replaced it but am concerned it's in upside down. Would someone be able to supply a picture of the proper orientation of this little piece so I can see if I need to reshape it or at the very least reverse its orientation? Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I may not be understanding you correctly, but are you saying the action wont open the entire way to remove the shells from the chamber? Is the gun not shot very much and is the action really tight? I've had guns where I had to push them over my knee to open the whole way before it got broken in...I'm not sure if that could be the issue or not. Also, if its an extractor gun, there should be a screw on the barrel flats that if you unscrew it a bit, you should be able to remove the extractor rod. Pull it out and clean it off, also clean out the area where the extractor rod goes as well. Sometimes old grease and debris can get in there and gum up the works. A light oil on the extractor rod and reassemble to see if it functions.

#6 ·
Sounds good. I’ll give it a go. You are correct in that the problem is it won’t open wide enough to get shells in. I initially blame that piece though as it’ll open for inserting shells no problem when I pop the piece out and reassemble it. But then I have no extractor.

#7 ·
Well, I took it all apart and with a toothpick and cotton swab cleaned that thing of any trace of oil, re-oiled it and then basically reassembled the gun two pieces at a time (barrels and hand guard, barrels and receiver, receiver and hand guard) and worked them to make sure there was no grittiness or catching going on. After a few minutes of that I reassembled the whole thing and with a bit of a shake she opens just enough to take and extract a shell. Hopefully after a box or two down the tube it’ll loosen up more. Thanks again for the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.