Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need help identifying the model and age of a Husqvarna rifle which I purchased 6 years ago in Australia. Inscribed on the barrel is Husqvarna Vapenfabriks A.B. .270 Winch. 236614 A Nitro. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

Your rifle is a model 1640 manufactured in 1960. If you could supply some photos or a more detailed description of the stock and barrel length, we could fine tune the model designation. Modell 1640 is the Swedish model designation. In the USA the distributor of HVA rifles gave them another model name and I don't know if the same was done in Australia. One of the masters will have to answer that question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your quick reply. I took some quick pictures of the rifle, I hope they will be sufficient. The barrel is fairly short, at about 51 cm. It is a very light weight gun. The stock butt was manufactured in America, LA in fact, so it may have been imported into Australia from there, although I can't be sure. The stock seems to be in good condition overall considering how old it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too, except in .30-06 US. My number is 246xxx A nitro. Looks identical to the former in the pictures with one exception, the tip of the foregrip has a curled-down 'nose'. I had no idea what model # until now. Thanks for any input.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Thank you for your quick reply. I took some quick pictures of the rifle, I hope they will be sufficient. The barrel is fairly short, at about 51 cm. It is a very light weight gun. The stock butt was manufactured in America, LA in fact, so it may have been imported into Australia from there, although I can't be sure. The stock seems to be in good condition overall considering how old it is.
This is a model 4100 (what it was called in the US), but the schnable forend has been sanded off. The rifle was made in 1959. The rubber recoil pad is an after-market add on.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Me too, except in .30-06 US. My number is 246xxx A nitro. Looks identical to the former in the pictures with one exception, the tip of the foregrip has a curled-down 'nose'. I had no idea what model # until now. Thanks for any input.
That "curled-down nose" is called a schnable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So it's called "schnable"? Then mine should be a 4100 also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would like some help identifying my Husqvarna model number, and approximate age. The barrel is stamped "HUSQVARNA VAPENFABRIKS A B 30-06 US" SN "205299" and a crown stamped at the base of the barrel with the word "NITRO" below it. I tried to use measuring tape with pics, not so well. The barrel is 23 inches long. the stock is 31.75 inches long and the overall length is 43.5 inches long. I have been hunting with this gun 20 years, since I was 17, and truly foresee no desire to shoot another rifle in my hunting future. Any help or referneces would be appreciated.

View attachment 268331 View attachment 268330 View attachment 268329 View attachment 268328 View attachment 268327

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Hello donoli and welcome to the forum. You have a very nice Model 3000 made in 1956. The Model 3000 was made with the Husqvarna 1640 series action.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts