Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this rifle up last week and spent some time cleaning inside and out. I installed the stock screws at 20 inch pounds and went to the range. My 63 yr old eyes couldn't really focus at 100 meters well, but I managed to hit paper about 14" high. It has fixed iron sights, can anyone tell from the pictures if they are original? What should I do about getting it dialed in at 100 meters (or 200 meters)? Serial number is 353517, what year would this have been made? Also, does anyone know what the original stock finish is? I have some oil/wax stock finish from a swiss K31 and think this would also work on the Swedish rifle. Any other observations on this rifle would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
that's a very good looking 1900, with an above average buttstock. with a 353,xxx serial number, that is an example of earlier production, so maybe 1970 to 1976. the rear site looks like it may be original, but we'd need a close up pic to be sure. your POI is high so you need to lower the rear site, or try different ammo, with lighter bullets. ammo with heavy bullets usually strikes higher than ammo with lighter bullets. if you were shooting 180 grain ammo, changing to 150 grain ammo may make a noticeable difference in the POI.

since you say you are having difficulty seeing the sites, trying a scope may help a lot. i see the rifle has scope mount bases installed. WELCOME to the boards!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Based on what I have read elsewhere on this site, your serial number is right around transition time, where HVA ceased production and helped FFV/CG get production underway in Eskilstuna. Apparently the last 1900 to be fully assembled at HVA was sn 378607. When closing firearms production after 281 years perhaps maintaining a complete and accurate record of serial numbers was something let slip?

·
Registered
186 Posts
This from a post by Pettson on 24 April 2007 in 'HVA 1900 clones' on this site:
"For a while, HVA helped out with the startup in Eskilstuna, first producing assembled units and then delivering certain parts. " Your serial number is certainly in the HVA range and could have been part of transferred inventory?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.