Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here order an FR7 that Hunters Lodge is advertising? I have never ordered from them and had heard mixed reviews on the shipping time and the website is pretty basic just showing their ads from magazine. Any feedback appreciated!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Actually now I read some reviews elsewhere looks like Hunters Lodge is a place to steer clear of, won't be ordering anything from them.
Some years back I bought a Portugese Mannlicher musquetoon from them. It was not mint by any means (and they never said it was) and I called about shipping time myself but I got it and was satisfied.
The lady I talked to seemed to have an eastern European accent of some type, but, again, I was satisfied with my deal. Probably a "condition" collector would not have been, but at the time, I couldn't find them or wouldn't pay the toll for a more pristine example.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Always struck me as "You pays your money and you gets what you gets" kind of a place.
To be fair, though, their adds tell you, up front, that they ain't selling high end stuff.
Bought an Italian bandoleer from them, years ago, no issues.
Had a question about something at one point, don't remember what, spoke to the woman with the accent, maybe the same one, who knows.
Don't think I got a satisfactory answer as I passed on whatever it was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
f rating with BBB and they told the BBB not to send complaint letters to them anymore( did not check them first :( ).... I sent them a check in june, after a month called and was told it was in shipping, after the second month called and was told it was still in shipping, called after third month and no answer....I contacted BBB at this point and the magazine I saw the ad in, firearms news. The magazine then assured me I wasnt scammed and contacted hunters lodge. The next day the rifle shipped... They dont take credit cards because too many charge backs... I feel lucky to be getting the rifle at all, it is suppose to arrive tomorrow, will see the condition it is in then. Not holding my breath. I literally bought and received five other c&r guns in the time span that this transaction took, I was going to buy others from them but they are not worth the effort, I would rather pay a $100-$200 more for a firearm I know will arrive.

·
Registered
801 Posts
the only thing i ever got from them was about 30 years age there were selling the cz-52 rifles with out hand guards and cracked stock for $40 i got one and indeed the hand guard was gone and it had a chip of wood missing from behind the rear of the rec. but other then that it was ok now would i ever buy any thing from them no as i believe that they re stamp , add markings in short fake things but i could be wrong about that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.