Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Hello all, new to the boards, but I have some questions about a Bayonet I own. I've pretty well got it pegged as the M95, but, I don't know much past it. Any input would be
Forum mate Andy B is certainly one of the best people for these, but briefly, it is a Hungarian-made one, with the coats of arms of St.Stephen of Hungary, made by Fegyver és GépGYár at Budapestand the sight on the muzzle ring indicates that it was for use with - I think, not my field! - the 1895 Stutzen rifle (or carbine?).

Trajan

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Trajan already answered it, the bayonet is for Stutzen or short rifle, with additional sights on crossguard, made in Budapest, and proofed with ugrian kingdom old crest, any stamps on pommel? the scabbard is not propper but a S84/98 german from 41asw / 1941 Hoerster Solingen made.b.r.Andy

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Hello Bo, no most real its same period marked, this bayonet was probably in main depot so no under divisional districts so no additional numbers. I assume there is no unit marking on pommel or something else.b.r.Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.