Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came in a lot of 12 bayonets I bid on online.This looks like a M-95 blade added on to a Vz-22 bayonet hilt.There is very faint traces of the weld behind the muzzle ring.FGGY marked blade with very small Hungarian crest on opposite side.No markings on the Handel/Pommel.The new mfg crossguard is held on by 2 pins/Rivets ground flush.I have a Regular Vz-24 bayonet for comparison in the picture.Do not know who converted it or when.

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe like all the stuff that came out of Romania? It didnt seem Turkish to me and had no Turkish markings.No Romanian markings and really no CSZ or SN like on the 1922 bayonets that came out of Turkey with all the 98/22 rifles.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I own one of these! I guess it's easier to convert an obsolete bayonet to fit a current rifle. The Czechs had a lot of Mannlicher M95 rifles & bayonets as reparations from Austria. When they decided to get a more updated Mauser in 1923, they were converted. A lot of Eastern European countries, especially the poorer Balkan ones are notorious for doing that!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Czechoslovak never did a poor job as here, same as there are no signs of czechoslovak acceptance.When real so the balkan state could be the reworkers here.But i believe IonIonescu already destined it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts