Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Unless Huckabee supports an immediate surrender to the Islamo-Fascists in Iraq and a policy of kowtowing to Muslim fanatics throughout the rest of the world you can expect the Losertarians here'bouts to rip into him.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cut and run isn't going to happen no matter who is President after Dub, and yes I'm including Paul (although he will not be our next President). So who do you want, someone who will appear weak to the terrorists and insurgents, or someone who will appear strong?

The sad thing is, the insurgency would be crushed if tomorrow every American woke up and changed their minds about the war and supported it. That's all it takes: solidarity.

Isn't it sad that so many think we should pull out now for the sake of lives they don't know and have never invested in? They simply want to satisfy their own feelings against the war. What's another way to describe something that accomplishes nothing but feels really good? Oh yeah, masturbation.

Isn't it ironic that supposedly pulling out will "save lives" when in fact it will consign more Iraqis to death than what is occurring now?

"Cutters" insist that they don't think bombs and bullets are the answer. I agree: we could end this all right now without firing another shot by truly supporting our military. If the enemy saw 100% solidarity, they would concentrate their energies elsewhere. We need to stop talking about time tables, and tell the enemy, we're in it for the long haul, no matter what, we will not give up. We're not pulling out.

That's how WWII was won. That's how EVERY major battle is won. It's conviction, not body count.

During the Civil War, the North suffer nearly 3 times the number of casualties than the South, it was their conviction that won the war.

Nobody said the body count was too high during the battle of the bulge, even though we lost more men in that single battle than we did in 4.6 years in Iraq.

We lost Vietnam because of public opinion. Does anyone deny that? Look at Linebacker II. That operation brought the North to their knees, but we took so long to do it because we were worried about public opinion. Once we left, the North took over. We should have continued bombing them until - instead of signing a treaty - they fully surrendered. But public opinion didn't allow us to win the war.

I suppose this is where people will say, "Bush Lied; People Died" and tell me that the Iraq War is about oil, so that Dub can get rich. Newsflash: he's always been rich, and always will be rich, so that doesn't make sense. What makes more sense is that there was a serious error made, and we thought Saddam was more dangerous than he really was. What does make sense is that we should have concentrated on Afghanistan and only bombed Iraq, instead of launching an invasion of Iraq. Remember Khadafi? He's been kind of a different character after Reagan bloodied his nose, eh? That's how you deal with Tyrants, you smack them on the nose and tell them you're boss. Saddam and Khadafi both defied us and the world, but they HAVE to, that's what dictators do, they have to flex their muscles or they lose their grip, had we understood that, we could have blown up Saddams palaces and one of his sons and that would be it. Maybe Khadafi would be sponsoring Saddam in a Dictators Anonymous program right now.

But there were no WMDs! No, there weren't not on the level that we thought (there have actually been 500 chemical munitions recovered since the invasion according to the USHR Permanent Select Commitee on Intelligence). Like I've mentioned, we shouldn't have gone into Iraq. We didn't want this, but like I've always been told, you make your bed, and you lie in it. Iraq is our responsibility now, whether we like it or not. We must make the difficult sacrifice and defeat the insurgency, and show the Iraqi separatists that we're not leaving.

You want a bloodless end to this war? Isn't it ironic then that we could literally end the conflict now, without blood, without firing another shot, if we all stopped talking about withdrawals and actually banded together to WIN?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi K! You know, I am too. I've been liking this guy more and more over the last several weeks, and today I spent alot of time researching, getting to know him, and you know what? I really like this guy. His politics aren't 100% in line, but darn close. Better than that, I like how he comes to decisions, his thought process and his values.

He's doing a special contribution raising on his website, and I'm gonna do it. I can't give much, but the more I learn about him, the more I feel I can be counted to stand with him. Normally this is where I say, "until he's outed on a scandal or we find out he's got 6 love children with transvestites" but - and I know this may sound kind of naive - I don't think he's that kind of guy.

I might just buy a hat while I'm at it.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,838 Posts
He only raised $1 million dollars last quarter..Ron Paul did that in less than one week.
And how much did Hillary and Obama raise in the same period ??

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey Lou! I have done much the same as you for the last few weeks,and come to, what I think are the same conclusions.

He seems to me to be the candidate that most represents the positions I believe in.

I am not impressed by Thompson,nor Romney. Guiliani leaves me cold.

Paul's stance on many of the issues are not mine,though I do respect his honesty.

What I have seen of Huckabee in debate and speech,makes me feel he is a genuine sort of person that is saying what he truly believes.

Yea, I would buy a used car from this man.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The sad thing is, the insurgency would be crushed if tomorrow every American woke up and changed their minds about the war and supported it. That's all it takes: solidarity.

But do you really think we have the pure strength of will?

During the Civil War, the North suffer nearly 3 times the number of casualties than the South, it was their conviction that won the war.
Umm, yeah that and a draft, the whole vastly superior numbers thingy, and an agrarian opponent with virtually no heavy industry or rail infrastructure. Oh, and vicious suppression of dissent, to include shutting down anti-war newspapers and jailing their editors. But other than those piddling trivialities, yeah it was 'cause the North TOTALLY wanted it more, dude.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
"...shutting down anti-war newspapers and jailing their editors."

Ahh, for the good ol' days!

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
"...shutting down anti-war newspapers and jailing their editors."

Ahh, for the good ol' days!
Wow that proves it. You are a full blown statist. You don't care about anyones freedom but your own; the freedom to repeat statist mantra. What you have just said is a total contradiction of what you claim to support. If you support democracy and freedom abroad how can you say such things? It really exposes what your true beliefs are in terms of freedom.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,194 Posts
Poor MB - can't recognize sarcasm when he sees it. That lack of perceptiveness probably explains why he wants a twat doctor for President. Oh wait a minute, maybe he IS a twat and wants Ron to doctor him...

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Poor MB - can't recognize sarcasm when he sees it. That lack of perceptiveness probably explains why he wants a twat doctor for President. Oh wait a minute, maybe he IS a twat and wants Ron to doctor him...
Grow up.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,194 Posts
I did - long ago. Certainly by the first time I was shot at for real.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Classy. Thought for a second I had stumbled into the Minefield.

So, King Lou, an extremely vulgar term for female genitalia insn't over "the line"? Wholesome place you run here.

Well to be fair, you DID say that only YOU know where "the line" is.

Convenient, that.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
mauserbaby, you really are a retard. get a life and go do your homework.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts