Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever been flicking through a book or scrolling down a webpage and something catches your eye and just for a split second your heart skips a beat? Happened to me tonight. Check out the attached picture. Once my heart started beating again I took a closer look. They shouldn't do that to a bloke

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was about to say what is wrong with it?

Then I saw it. At first glance it really does look like a HT.

Cheers,
Lachy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Are you gonna buy it??
I looked at it too but I doubt the cops would give me another permit for a 3oh on a Cat A&B lic (Vic) , But it would make a nice looking faux HT for poor buggers like me who dont have a rats chance of affording the real deal but $595.00AUD is a bit steep for me anyways.

pugs..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah Pugs, not going to buy it. If anything I've been scaling down the collection rather than building it up. Can't help but keep looking though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They only made 362 HT low mounts, this is mine. Built in 7/46 on a 1917 Lithgow SHTLE III action, all number matching, including scope.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gday Hiwall,
Are you in OZ? If so, did you get that HT from Daniel Cotterill? Looks like one that he had last year. Just curious.
Darren.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Saw that one too Waga, just another ruined three-oh!
I so desparately want a HT, did the full rounds after Lithgow....nada!
I know where one is that a guy came in and left @ my mates shop 3 years ago.
Miss-matched scope (but I hear that is common) and looks like it may have had replacement woods but a correct s/n none the less!!
Try as I might me mate won't give it to me to look after!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gday Hiwall,
Are you in OZ? If so, did you get that HT from Daniel Cotterill? Looks like one that he had last year. Just curious.
Darren.
That's it mate. Lucky coincidence, I was working in India at the time and just happened to check out his website 2 hours after he had put it up. eMail is a wonderful thing sometimes. Didn't get to see the rifle until 5 months after I bought it.

I am in Queensland.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So that was you!! I checked his site and saw it there, went back the next day and it was gone!!!! A lovely pick up, and he's a gentleman to deal with as well. He also has a beautiful collection of snipers himself.

And to Sparkbrook, I think your mate is being totally unreasonable in not letting you look after that HT. I'm sure you'd look after it and give it back.................eventually.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Wagga is barred from playing with my toys ater he was sprung casually sidling off to the car with my mid mount at the Lithgow photo session.:eek:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Wagga is barred from playing with my toys ater he was sprung casually sidling off to the car with my mid mount at the Lithgow photo session.:eek:

I was impressed with how casual and subtle Wagga managed to make it look. Anyone who has ever seen someone slowly walk backwards with a No1 the way Wagga was doing it would have been impressed. I even thought it was his!:cool:

Man, the way I was sprung trying to hide Son's No6 inside my A2 flying jacket shows how clumsy I am and how smooth Wagga is!:eek:

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I guess a jar of vegemite is easier to hide than a rifle:D

I dead set wanted to auction it off to the highest bidder:mad:

You don't happen to have a shot from that session to post by chance?

·
Registered
901 Posts
I guess a jar of vegemite is easier to hide than a rifle:D

I dead set wanted to auction it off to the highest bidder:mad:

You don't happen to have a shot from that session to post by chance?
The only pics I have from that day are the ones of the rifles on the tarp, and the one with me sprawled out on the tarp looking stupid! I've been enjoying the Vegemite from that jar over the last few days. I reckon it would have made a great Gunbroker item!

Awww jeez, I was so close too hahahaha!
Yeah, I reckon you nearly made it mate!

Cheers,
Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts