Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
616 Posts
I did not think the Llamas had a mag lock feature like you mentioned.
However, I have a few mag locks with a "tab" on it that I have no idea why it's there.
I recently sold one to a guy, which is the first time I noticed this on a .22 mag lock.
Does anyone else here have a Llama small frame with a mag lock feature?
As far as I know, it's a SA design, like the 1911, with no feature for not being able to fire with no magazine in the gun.
George, if you can remove the mag lock (easy) and take a picture and post it I may be able to solve this mystery.
Is that possible?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, first chance I get. Here's what I've heard. That projection on the mag release button is designed to prevent the trigger from being pulled with the mag was removed. On my Star 9mm BM, you just removed a grip panel and a small bar and you were done. I guess it's not going to be that easy. Do you have a mag release button with no knob/projection?

By the way, I took my Llama to the range the other day and I can't stress enough how great these guns work with GOOD QUALITY ammo like Stingers and name brand target ammo.

Another question though: Every once in a while, the slide does not stay open. Can you explain to me how this process is supposed to work? Thanks. George.

·
Silver Bullet Member
616 Posts
Then the easiest answer is to cut off that little projection. It will look like a regular mag lock. I'm wondering if they used those for an European police agency? I have never seen one and I've seen a lot. I may not have that specific shaped mag lock. It is a little bigger than all the other small frame locks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.