Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask this, because I just bought an SVT40 that should be coming in the mail next week, my first one at that. I just couldn't pass it up, because it also comes with an unissued bayonet still in the grease. IIRC the seller told me the bolt, receiver and stock are all stamped with the same numbers and the rest of the metal parts are electro-penciled with the same set of numbers. Furthermore, he told me this is pretty much how all SVTs show up on the market these days. Is what he told me correct/accurate?

·
Banned
10,845 Posts
What seller describes is a SVT-40 that was rebuilt after WWII and that was imported about 12-15 years ago from Russia. Three of my four are just like your's. The bayonet is an extra that was acquired by the seller separately and will not match the rifle. I went through the same thing, the bayonets were not included with the rifles when the rifles were brought over from Russia to US. I got several bayonets for my rifles in the past couple yers to make them complete.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
320 Posts
... IIRC the seller told me the bolt, receiver and stock are all stamped with the same numbers and the rest of the metal parts are electro-penciled with the same set of numbers. ...
He (you?) is probably mistaken about the bolt (and/or bolt carrier?) being stamped-matching. I have yet to see one of the ReArsed SVTs that were imported in that group in the mid-90s (but there certainly may be some) that sported their original bolt/bolt-carriers.

In all of the ones that I have seen, the receivers & stocks are stamped-matching (the latter sometimes reflecting a re-stamp) and everything else is EP-matched.

I think that the Soviet ReArse boys followed the same pattern as with the K98ks, stripping everything and putting most of the parts in large bins, refinishing everything, EP-renumbering&reassembling from the bins without any attempt to match original numbers.

Congrats on the SVT & bayo! FYI, a QTY of SVT bayonets (many/most new in grease) made it into the States 1-2 years ago and were being sold for $175-$225.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts