Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Savage "US Property marked" No1 Mk 4, that arrived to me with a loose extractor (Fell off) I have no idea how, since I have not being able to put it back in place due to its high tension. Is there an easy way to put it back in place? thanks for any help.

Victor

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a Savage "US Property marked" No1 Mk 4, that arrived to me with a loose extractor (Fell off) I have no idea how, since I have not being able to put it back in place due to its high tension. Is there an easy way to put it back in place? thanks for any help.

Victor
Use a doubled loop of dental floss to pull the new extractor into place. "Kraut" trick from many, many years ago. Works every time for me.

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
Real men don’t use no stinkin’ dental floss, real men gargle with battery acid and use 20 pound test fishin’ line to floss tween thar teeth.

Only white collar office weenies use dental floss. (Aim High, Air Force) Some of us more refined aircraft mechanics still gargle with JP-4 jet fuel.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
extractor In place

Thanks a lot for your help gentlemen. The extractor is in place. Great photos Edward, I have seen my own thumb like that after a nasty fight with a Mauser Vergueiro bolt.

Vic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts