81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
48,792 Posts
Still building mine...just awaiting..

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Just an update. Classic sent me another PPS which I received today. If I get it cleaned up I'm trying it again Sunday. I'll let you know the results. BTW, of course I had to pay another transfer fee and I wasn't happy about it since I already did for an inoperable firearm! I've told them I'm not happy about it and said if they'd send me an extra magazine for my troubles and additional cost I be a much happier customer. So far I've gotten nowhere with this. You guys agree with me on this?
Richard

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
a extra mag would have been the decent thing to do.

but count yourself lucky they exchanged it. they could have done a toad bailey on you, and told you it's the ammunition you're shooting, not the gun, so we're not going to accept it for exchange :laugh:

post how this one performs :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Reiver1-any chance you could put up a pic of your chamber post-dremeling? I'm curious how much material you took off yours. I did mine too but think I was to conservative.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
I took the PPS out this weekend, with 9 other 'instruments' and put 2 magazines through it. Not one hiccup thank goodness. The new magazines were easy to fill as well. I'm still pissed off at Classic over my paying TWO transfer fees for their problem though. If I can find another source for reliable milsurps I without a doubt will buy from them instead.
Richard

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I took the PPS out this weekend, with 9 other 'instruments' and put 2 magazines through it. Not one hiccup thank goodness. The new magazines were easy to fill as well. I'm still pissed off at Classic over my paying TWO transfer fees for their problem though. If I can find another source for reliable milsurps I without a doubt will buy from them instead.
Richard

good to hear...........as for paying the addition transfer fee, look at it this way, your pistol will go up in value in a short time, that will more then off set the 20 bucks or so you paid the FFL

·
Registered
35 Posts
^A very good way to look at it and get over it. But is two mags even enough to break it in? Give an update after some more action!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Riever1- any chance on getting a pic of that work?

Jaws2- any news on performance?

·
Silver Bullet member
48,792 Posts
jaws: mine came in new cut up kit full auto. had to have bolt modified, and new type trigger. new barrel. should be finished this week coming if bolt comes back? smith fixed it as a change module to 9mm with simple barrel switch. wonder how many people didn't go through changes needed!<><dan

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
jaws: mine came in new cut up kit full auto. had to have bolt modified, and new type trigger. new barrel. should be finished this week coming if bolt comes back? smith fixed it as a change module to 9mm with simple barrel switch. wonder how many people didn't go through changes needed!<><dan
I didn't need to go through those changes :), instead of changing my 7.62x25 PPS43 to shoot 9mm, by buying and changing the barrels........... I bought a factory built 9mm PPS43 when ROYAL TIGER IMPORTS (IO) was selling them for around 250 bucks when the gun market was dead, dead, dead :). the gun cost about the same price as a 9mm barrel :)

·
Silver Bullet member
48,792 Posts
yes i waited tooo long. my smiths learning on my dime with my permissions adding the to change barrels to nine. my question extractor wont be a problem do you think?

·
Silver Bullet member
48,792 Posts
clips ok to use or some say need to modify?

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Just now getting caught up. Took it out to the range Friday and put 50 rounds through. Absolutely no problem. I'll also add that the magazines sent with this one are easy to load as well. I did find out that out at 25 yds the rounds are still rising so in order to be in the black I have to aim approximately 12-13" below. I put 23 of 25 rounds through the black at 10yds, some in groups of 3-4 nearly in the same hole! I was using Phoenix 115gr ammo.
Richard

·
Silver Bullet member
48,792 Posts
what do you thing line of sight = matching impacted distance would be? <><dan

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
what do you thing line of sight = matching impacted distance would be? <><dan
I never really paid any attention to that or even calculated it. I can tell you it's no problem hitting around center of mass on a man size target at 50 yards.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts