Gunboards Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
my 9mm PPS chamber looks like yours, there is a chamfer around the entire inside of the barrel/chamber, and yet mine functions.........go figure :?.

now, on my x25 PPS, there is a chamfer only on the bottom half of the barrel/chamber.

I know....it is hit/miss with this conversion....some luck out as you did and others (myself) get a door stop.... but, when I get tat firing pin I think I have this bad boy whipped.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,760 Posts
Paided down on mine today..$300..tossed the dice..

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I know....it is hit/miss with this conversion....some luck out as you did and others (myself) get a door stop.... but, when I get tat firing pin I think I have this bad boy whipped.
I believe you'll make it hum like a sewing machine, after all is said and done :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Let's hope...all in all tho I've enjoyed the gunsmithing aspect of the work....

·
Silver Bullet member
48,760 Posts
It’s interesting and tool..this, and cz52 ..back packing, Or winter truck Combination.
One he’s trying to get had a new barrel Condition over country.
My friend built few..said they shoot accurately..run great..

you convinced my into getting one for sure thanks<>< dan

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I kind of get your message.... you must be using your IPhone... it would make a behind the seat carry and mine is accurate when benched at 25 yards...it shoots a nice group...very consistent.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well...in this never ending saga I made my own firing pin out of 3mm steel (the same hardness used in M16 fp's), put in a stronger hammer spring and lightened the bolt up some more (looks like swiss cheese now) to offset the resistance of the new spring and she ran...I'll be damned. IMG_0249.JPG

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
No, I'll have to weigh it but suspect it's still a tad heavier than the semi auto type you have.... straight blowback systems, as you know, are a balancing act so I remove a bit and experiment.
The conversion you have, with the valley cut in the top and thru drilled for a firing pin system is lighter than the original so a little extra shouldn't hurt....but it is not overly sensitive for a few grams anyway.
I need to get some NATO 9mm...a bit hotter than the norm with 124 gen bullet.....I think those rounds will work best as the 7.62x25 is a hotter round by far from the 9mm. Heavier round and more powder will give it better recoil snap.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Anyone have any idea when classic will get more, preferably in 7.62? The one I picked up recently in 7.62 runs 100%, love it, and want one more. Would also love to buy spare parts for it, like a firing in.....

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Anyone have any idea when classic will get more, preferably in 7.62? The one I picked up recently in 7.62 runs 100%, love it, and want one more. Would also love to buy spare parts for it, like a firing in.....
only place I know that would even have spare parts like; firing pin, hammer, trigger etc... is IO/ROYAL TIGER, since they are the only importer of those pistols, those parts are unique only to the PPS43C they are not available anywhere else. you can e-mail them and ask to see if they will sell.

parts such as extractor, extractor spring are stock MG parts, you might be able to find them on the net, or just buy a PPS43 bolt and they'll come with it or should

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well, I decided to shorten and lighten the bold again....I took the piece I had originally cut off and shaped it properly and then cut the rear off at the original weld to stock length. Then rewelded that short piece on and cleaned everything up.
Some have complained the semi auto bolt a tad light with the top cut out relief and the holes drilled for the firing pin so that's why I tried this....the stock bolt weighs 504 grams and this weighs 530 g's....it is working well now.... IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0254.JPG This shows the original total length again when end to end...and the stock length is just a tad past the roll pin....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Here you can see the modification of that rear piece ... the crappy weld you see is from Poland when they welded the original big lump into place...mine is to the right of that and polished out.....had to say that...their welds were really crappy. IMG_0255.JPG

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
wow, all that to make the bolt like it should have been in the first place when it left RADOM, POLAND.

good job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I sent Pioneer pics of the bolt prior and after and they said the long lump is the 'new and improved 9mm version' .... strange to me as Polish workmanship is usually excellent.... not only was this a poor design, imo, but it was poorly executed as the welds sucked.....maybe I just got the Friday evening before holiday model.

It is a tad longer than the stock bolt but only 26 grams heavier... about an inch longer I believe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
SfcRet- ever get around to trying the last iteration of modded mag with uncut spring?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I'm happy to say I haven't had to modify my PPS43 c pistol. It functions very well with commercial and reloaded ammo but using older military ammo it occasionally misfires. I believe that might be due to hard primers in the older ammo and as a result of lighter hammer strikes from the pistol's spring loaded hammer. The pistol just isn't as reliable as it could be with the full auto bolt slamming into the chambered round under heavy spring pressure.

I'm reloading once fired brass cases for the PPS43 c pistol to fairly warm ballistics and getting excellent functioning and good accuracy out to 100 yds. I think this would be a very good defensive piece within 50 to 60 yds. and could be loaded to defeat medium body armor at that range with the right bullets. I think it would be much better for that purpose than 9mm luger in event the #^*@ in my area.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts