Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this german 22 short pistol that bangs on 4 and 5 cylinders. Never on all six. Gun operates fine other than that. Been using rem ammo. From pics it is missing a few parts but always worked fine with same ammo. Been cleaned, oiled etc. I want to get cylinder out. I can unscrew the pin but not the part that the pin screws into as I don't want to break it off. Tried turning counter clockwise and it don't want to budge. The trouble may lie in the american trigger screw. No, I didn't put it in there and it's not tight. Got me a little baffled why this gun is doing this all of a sudden. Have not been able to find parts

Thanks

Jack Auto part Revolver Trigger
Revolver Metalworking hand tool Tool Antique tool

·
Registered
3,469 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears to be an RG.
Back in the day, RG" was said to stand for "Rotten Gun".These were well known as Saturday Night Specials.
When importation was forbidden by the 1968 Gun Control Act, they imported parts and assembled them here until they were sued out of business.

Here's an exploded view that might help:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=8734

More RG models drawings are here:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Models.aspx?catid=372
Well thanks alot! It is an rg..so if I can get some of those parts..it'll be a better RG

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked at drawlings. I unscrew the pin. there is still the piece the pin screws into. Goes thru to back of cylinder, thru cylinder and into extractor as I call it that the shells fit into . do you know how to get this piece out? This gun has no crane. However must have had at one point cause there is the mount that the ejector and spring goes into on side of the gun. I see the cylinder pin illustrated but no showing it going into assemby. Don't want to unscrew this the wrong way. It has to unscrew. Most older revolvers do, don't they

Thanks

Jack

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I fixed it. It's not an RG. I got thinking again an I had an RG derringer once. Nice gun., but you could not hit anything over 10 feet away and it had the big Rg on it. This gun has Made in Germany on right side of barrel with BURGO written on left side of barrel. Has a 2 1/4" barrel and it is made of some kinda alloy it seems at least around the sideplate areas which are not removeable. Shows a grayish color with pitting. Anyway, I tightened up the mainspring screw and she fired all 5. 6th is damaged. going to have to ream her out some. thanks gentleman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.