Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some ideas on how to display bayonets. All I can think of at the moment is pegboard with vinyl covered hooks which doesn't seem very classy or just horizontal shelfs which doesn't allow a good look. I have around 100 bayos to display and I am not good at woodworking. Should I head to a "display" company or are there some cheaper solutions.

Thanks for your ideas!

·
Registered
588 Posts
There was a good long running thread on this topic earlier this year. If you do a search you should be able to find it.
D.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Disply

You have a lot of options... What is the budget?? How much space are you working with ?? Is security a factor?? What do you have in mind ?? There are worse things that can happen than having a lot of coll blades to display. Good luck ..

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
I've got my Khukris and scabbards displayed in a big shadow box I bought from a craft store. To mount them I used some clear plastic brackets made to hold mirrors, etc, modified to clamp the blades.
Tried to take some pics but the flash pretty much wiped them out since it has a glass cover to keep the dust off.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
If you like pegboards you can get some burlap in various colors from the fabric store and wrap the pegboard before you hang it. When you want to put a hook on it you use something sharp (like a bayonet tip) to push the threads away from the holes then push in the hook. Pegboard convenience without those ugly holes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bayonetcollector,
Thanks for the link to the old thread. Gives me some great ideas.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
not being a bayonet centered collector ive a skeewed view , but having said that - this how i display mine .........

typicaly with the rifle it goes with and yet independent , my knife freind prefers the files with thin drawers that architects/contractors use - as an architect/contractor - i have one of these if you want to pay the shipping - i dont like them

·
Gold Bullet member
4,426 Posts

I did this for a while, but now I have so many I just stack them in a drawer. Except now I'm starting to fill up a second drawer. Thankfully I don't have all that many sets of clothes.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I used to collect military knives, especially American military fighting knives, and had an extensive (100 +) collection.

I bought 2x8 boards and finished them with Minwax "Poly Shades" stain-finish.
The boards were attached to wall studs by bolts, and I could put however many rows of boards on a wall I needed.

For each knife, I'd screw two plated "L" hooks into the boards and hung the knives between the "L" hooks by the cross guard, point down.
Where needed, the "L" hooks could be bent to hold the knife.
After the hooks were in, I'd slip a short section of electrical wire insulation over the hooks to protect the knives finish.

Scabbards were hung from the bottom edge of the board by "L" hooks or by small "cup" hooks.

I got the idea from a really big knife collector when I was starting out.
This looks professional and neat, and the knives are displayed well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Destroyer,
Wow, you need some serious help with your collection! Pretty impressive though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts