Discussion Starter #1
how to adjust a 49/56 scope
Author Topic
finnwolf57
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
105 Posts
Posted - 07/01/2007 : 1:07:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got a original scope and mount for my 49/56.now my question is does this adjust like any other scope or is something I need to loosen first or any other help would be great. looks great on the rifle and can't wait to shoot it.thanks finnwolf

kelt
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

France
2315 Posts
Posted - 07/01/2007 : 5:52:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The proper fit of the scope mount to the rifle can be improved if necessary by using shims at the back of the mount dovetail, ideally it slides in place with no play.

The iron sights can be used to sight in the scope before shooting:
-Fit the scope on the rifle, remove the protection cover from the windage dial (top dial).
-Set the BDC/elevation dial (right side) to 200M and with the dedicated tool slack off the 3 screws securing the end cap of the BDC dial, go very easy on the screws, and back them evenly half a turn each at a time until you have made two full turns on each and the end cap is disconnected from the dial.
- set the rifle on a solid rest or sand bags with the iron sights lined up on a target at 200M.
- Bring the reticule on target laterally by turning the windage dial.
- Insert the dedicated tool in any two opposite notches of the BDC/elevation internal dial and bring the reticle on target vertically (see pic below) while making sure that the BDC outer ring dial is not moving from the 200M mark.
- secure the BDC end cap back in place by turning the 3 screws half a turn each at a time, do not overtighten the screws.

You are now ready to test shoot your rifle.

When the scope is adjusted, to zero the windage dial you need to loosen the 3 screws locking its end cap up to 2 turns and the end cap is disconnected.
You then zero the windage dial while checking that the reticle is not moving sideways and when finsihed tighten up the screws until the end cap is locked tight.

The windage dial adjustment is 3.5cm per click at 100M
The BDC/elevation dial is 5cm click at 100M.
The bullet drop compensator is dedicated to the 7.5x54 Mle 29 ball ammo, bullet 139 grains FMJ flat base at 840M/s.

The vertical post of the reticle is 3.5 mills thick, same as the two side bars, the gap betweem the horizontal bars is 13 mills wide.

Here is a link to the scope manual in French:
http://armesetpassion.free.fr/lunettemle1953.pdf

kelt

Edited by - kelt on 07/02/2007 3:51:15 PM

Buddy
Gunboards Super Premium Member

313 Posts
Posted - 07/01/2007 : 6:08:46 PM

MAS L806 ScopeMountShims /is your scope loose

Is your Original French L806 Issue scope loose on your MAS rifle?

There is a small screw on the bottom of the mount which allows a small adjustment.... in order to tighten the scope mount...... however the shims below work better.... as that screw ...sometimes does not allow enough adjustment....

These are the correct length and width...stainless steel shims.....
they are easily removable....with NO modification to your rifle....
simply place the shim on the scope mount rail ...on the receiver....hold in place while you slide on your L806 scope....throw the lever and the scope is tight....takes 5 seconds...if you are slow.... simple...simple!!!

The shim slightly raises the scope mount off of the receiver...allowing the scope mount to really tighten correctly.....

3 shims are $1....yes just $1 ...plus a SASE [Self addressed stamped envelope]
...translation....you send me a dollar bill and an envelope with your mailing address and a 41 cent postage stamp..... as I will use this you mail your shims back to you.....

If you purchase any other MAS items from me....then the shims are free...

sorry...no pic....they are just silver metal strips....

Buddy

kelt
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

France
2315 Posts
Posted - 07/02/2007 : 07:37:33 AM

here is a picture of the BDC/elevation dial adjustment with the tool:

Download Attachment:

If you are curious and you remove the dials end caps, note that the screws on the windage dial are not attached to the end cap and can be lost.
Be aware that tinkering with the central screw inside the dials will destroy the scope!

Download Attachment:
108.66 KB

kelt

Edited by - kelt on 07/02/2007 11:15:54 AM

Buddy
Gunboards Super Premium Member

313 Posts
Posted - 07/02/2007 : 6:01:19 PM

Kelt is correct...Take care and not lose the 6 small screws...[ Part A & V ]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts