Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious but I have not seen a picture of a double date M44 on 7.62x59r web site. I picked one up at Dunhams because I didn't have a MO marked M44. It's a1944 with a crossed out 51 / with 52 not crossed out. The MO mark has a slash through it . The bore is ok but the lands are rounded. The rest of the gun is refurb condition with laminated stock. I can post pics if I can figure out how on this REFURB website.(no pun intended)

Tom
After closer inspection with a magnifier I was wrong. It's a1945 /52 MO there was a scratch between date and it appeared to be a 51 and I was using the 5 in the date. In the 1945 date the 194 is stamped very light and the 5 had a much deeper impression .

SORRY for the inconvenience guys.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
That sounds like a triple date to me. Irregardless of it being stamped out on one of the numbers. I'd say you have a "rare" one of the M44's.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Just curious but I have not seen a picture of a double date M44 on 7.62x59r web site. I picked one up at Dunhams because I didn't have a MO marked M44. It's a1944 with a crossed out 51 / with 52 not crossed out. The MO mark has a slash through it . The bore is ok but the lands are rounded. The rest of the gun is refurb condition with laminated stock. I can post pics if I can figure out how on this REFURB website.(no pun intended)

Tom
I believe they are much less common than a 91/30 and if you paid the normal M-44 price you got a good deal.

I am pretty sure Ted hs one or more, but probably just not pictued on his site. (I don't have one, but would take one in a second if offered.)

I have been using Photobucket since the board redo for pic posting and like this method..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

Tom

Well, I don't know just how rare it is, but certainly worth buying at Dunhams prices. Personally, I'd just call it quite uncommon & save the "rare" description for one that ain't a refurb. But, again, I wouldn't turn down the refurb. Good grab.

Hey Ted! You putting on weight? Appears you've grown 5mm!:eek:

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will do my best to get a picture of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts