Gunboards Forums banner

How Often Do You Shoot?

4K views 43 replies 42 participants last post by  AWO425 
#1 · (Edited)
deleted

#5 ·
I shoot two to three time a month and like Mongo4567 it's usually 100 -200 rounds each trip. I have to drive thirty minutes each way to the range. I wish my back yard was my range like yours is but I'm just happy to have a place to shoot.

#7 ·
Not enough,not enough.I shoot out my Bedroom window,.22 Brno or Remington 581.Couple times a week.Gophers,stray cats, Wood chuck gets shot with a Remington 788 in .223. I use a 91/30 with the Bulgarian practice ammo.I have a small backstop behind my neighbors house,he dosent mind as long as it isnt a constant blasting with a 30 rnd mag.Usually 5 shots on paper to see how off the rifle is.Need to make more effort to get to the Gun club that I belong to.

#9 ·
Typically every other week with the Mosins and Enfields. Less frequently with the Nagants, Webleys, and my S&W K-38.

#11 ·
I average twice a month, I take(not counting .22s)4-500 rounds with. Depending on how much I shoot the breeze I go home empty or with maybe 100-150 rounds.
Ninety percent is milsurp and x39, if I had to buy only commercial ammo I'd probably only shoot once a month and maybe only 200 rounds.

#12 · (Edited)
I shot 35 rounds from a Tula sniper today. Took about 1.5 hours. Hungarian light ball. All went through the same hole in the X ring (mostly). Then 60 rounds from an AK took about 2 minutes, who cares about the X ring with an AK...all would have hurt you bad. Then 30 rounds through a CZ-82. Took about 10 minutes. All in the black at 30 feet (mostly). Cleaning took another 2 hours.

#13 ·
Third Saturday of every month, rain or shine, hot or cold for me, plus our twice annual "invitational" shoots (which was actually yesterday.) The amount of ammo I shoot each time depends on what I take. I usually take a half-dozen or so assorted firearms with me when I shoot. In general though, if I take any machineguns with me, anywhere from five hundred to a thousand rounds is a typical afternoon's worth of ammunition; without any machineguns, perhaps two to three hundred rounds is more typical.

#14 ·
Not enough, as thery are re-doing the local public range. It will be reall nice though when done, which will probably be next spring. :( When I do make it out, which I like to do once a month, I normally shoot maybe 10 rounds/rifle, (iam am just that good a shot! LOL ) It is actually quite neat watching my shoulder turn colors! And waiting for the .22 shooters who cant hit the 100yd paper with a scope takes half the afternoon!

#16 ·
Not Enough!

Like many of the others I shoot my rifles 3-4 times a month, usually 150 - 250 rounds per trip. Usually bring 6-8 guns per trip. Mainly off the bench and bags at 100 yds.

Mainly shoot handloads.

Also like to go to the desert and blast!

In the spring and summer I shoot trap 3-4 times per month as well. I would shoot more if I could find the time!

Try to shoot as many high-power matches as I can. Shoot the CMP Western Games each year and have shot at Camp Perry twice (doesn't mean I'm any good...).

Tiledude

#17 ·
Not Enough!

You should all consider yourselves very lucky.

Anyone shoot less than me? I'm lucky if I go shooting 3 times A YEAR. Usually twice.

Shame too, nearly 10,000 rounds and 30 milsurps just waiting to speak....

-Palimino

#19 ·
Right now 2-3 times a week at least. I've got a range and can shoot 25,50, 100 yards with max of about 150 yards. I hope to work on a spot that'll give me 400-500 yards, but that'll be next year. Usually I shoot milsurps but lately I've given the Savage 10, Rem 700 and Savage 110 a workout. They are ALL too much fun.

#21 ·
I always tell myself that I'll shoot every week, but it rarely works out that way.

Looking back, in a two month period I get to the rifle range about three times; I get to the indoor range about three times.

One would think that something so fun as shooting would just flow from one's life like water out of a boot. But this does not take into account the honey-do list or other pursuits that take time away from the fun stuff.

Luckily, I can keep fairly happy with restoration projects, with reloading, and with some build projects I've begun.

Is there any secret to getting to the range more often?

CDFingers

#22 ·
Once a year. This year, I shot the SSG-82 I've owned for a decade for the first time. Last year, it was the Czech vz54 sniper. The SSG shot great. The vz54, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with.

#24 ·
Not enough, usually about once a month. Typically a mosin, a mauser and two barrels on either the encore or contender. Maybe 100 rds total, at targets for groups across the chronograph for load development.

Also will take along a pistol or revolver to do a little "serious" practice, most likely my .45.

Then there is the rare occasion where i take some milsurp ammo and really wring out one of the mosins and/or mausers.

mark

#25 ·
I try to get to the range every weekend, but the reality is that I can't usually make it more than twice a month or so. I only take one gun on each trip, and concentrate on it. I shoot my own handloads exclusively, and I normally shoot only 20 carefully-aimed rounds (I'm a stickler for accuracy), though I've been known to "splurge" as many as 40.

Currently, I'm in the process of getting my latest M44 sighted in. The windage is OK; now I have to work on the elevation. I'm hoping to take this Friday afternoon off to get to the range, weather permitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.