• Everyday, no exceptions.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Almost everyday.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Regularily, at least weekly.

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Very seldomly.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Only under certain conditions (for a job, traveling, hunting, hiking, etc.)

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Never / No CCW provision in my area / Don't have a license yet

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Um-eh, wha' was duh ques'ion?

Votes: 2 2.6%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd throw out this information poll to see how often others carry. Thanks.

G

·
When I go out the door I go thru the wallet, keys, phone, and gun system check. How many people carry around the house or when doing yard work or working outside? If I am not physically carrying around the house I am only 2-3 steps away from a pistol or shotgun

Jim

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I carry every time I walk out the front door. It has become the "norm" where when I first got the permit it felt odd to wear it. Occasionally according to Michigan law there was places where I cannot carry a firearm, hospitals, schools, large sports/entertainment facilities, and locations alcohol are served. On the rare occasion I go to one of these places I now feel odd without the handgun.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
everyday, and I am glad to know I am not the only one who carries around the house.....Just habit, but it is also comforting to know you have something close. I don't want to be unklocking my safe or loading something when someone comes through a window or door....Or frantically running to my room to get it. Wasted time.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I dont count around the house or out in the yard as "carrying" I always have a gun within reach those times, but always have had what i do on my private property wasnt ever their business .lots of guns around in the house,always one in easy reach, and Ive always had one along doing stuff out on the farm,I just dont bother concealing it,usually a rifle or shotgun(why lug around a 9mm or .45 handgun ,snagging on stuff when im working when I can have a .300 WMag or 12 ga in plain sight in the scabbard),havent not had a gun in my truck for over 30 yrs,most threats outside at home are 4 legged so concealment isnt an issue anyway. Away from home I have it in the vehicle,along with a long gun thats always there,but I rarely bother packing the sidearm on my person locally either,there just isnt any random crime here,except the occassional home intrusion (and those are usually a mistake as they thought no one was home,or wouldnt have tried) .I carry devoutly when I go where there is a higher likelyhood of needing it.If it wasnt for the license letting you avoid all the purchase permit hassels ,I wouldnt bother with it probably,that and the idea that if we didnt get the permits they were going to use the lack of interest to stop issuing them again.As far as actual straping it on and carrying it,Ive had it on once in the last 6 months ,I had to haul a horse downstate,and go thru lansing and then all thru south western detroit late at night,(call it racial bias or whatever I have thick skin),but if Im gonna be half lost at the intersection of Rosa parks expressway and the MLK boulevard ,with a new truck,trailer, a couple thousand in cash,a valuable horse ,and 2 attractive women at 2-3am,I want that .45 under my jacketand in easy reach.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
When I worked in LE I carried all the time.
Now I carry due to the situation or area Im in that I'm wary of saftey or "problems".

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got my CWP with the original intent of "just to be legal when I carry" sort of mentality, however I have seen a steady increase in the need to "be prepared" so now that I bought a Kel-tec P3AT I am never without my piece. Even last night, I stepped out for a quick errand in a t-shirt, baggy shorts, and sandals, but I clipped that P3AT to the waistband of my shorts and away I went.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,191 Posts
WORKING on my 4 renewal

even to church, its so natural i dont even think of it as unusual.
and it surprises me when some one catches a glimpse and i get that look or question are you a cop?:confused: NO. <><dk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the votes and comments. Good to know I'm not alone in the "Everyday" department.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Putting a handgun in my pocket is now just part of getting dressed in the morning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.