Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic

kgbeast
Gunboards Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 4:08:58 PM Show Profile Send kgbeast a Private Message
Hi all,

In my other forum, I have seing a video-clip of some Glock being droped in the swamp (clean watter), picked back up, fire few shots, drop it back in the swamp, pickup and fire some more shot. The video-clip was made to illustrate what an unstopable semiauto handgun that Glock is. I am wondering if anyone has any video-clips that show Makarov (or its variant) being dragged thru the mud and then flawlesly functioning?

MagicDoc
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 4:20:20 PM Show Profile
Actually, some body posted pics on this site of a Mak torture test they conducted last year. Anybody remember who that was? maybe you could try a search of the site.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEERE KITTY KITTY KITTY !!

kgbeast
Gunboards Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 4:32:19 PM Show Profile
Anybodys input is a must. The glock guy walks tall right now and need to be tamed. He basically saying, "unless you can show me any other gun do this - do not talk to me about a reliability". I have nothing against Glock myself, but I do not want people think that Glock is the most reliable gun and I think Makarovs can show real abuse (not just dropping in a brook). I want to see some real truck-driving-over-in-the-mud-and-thrown-in-ocean action here, but anything will do. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

tm45
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
1086 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 4:51:23 PM Show Profile
Maybe this will do? Let'em eat mud.
Go here:
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294814&highlight=makarov

Go to Top of Page

SlimTim
TN-GA Shooters Forum Moderator

USA
5238 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 5:04:06 PM Show Profile Visit SlimTim's Homepage
Why bother? We know what a Mak will do. Just allow the Glockophile to strut in his ignorance. Honor his request not to talk to him about reliability--just talk to everyone else about it, and not him.

But if you must, know you are playing against a stacked deck. He's got a video clip? Nothing less than a video clip will satisfy his need to "see it" then, most likely.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24802

There was another guy who did something similar, with pictures (no video), and posted about it on glock talk of all places. You can't search that forum very well either, and most likely the pictures are gone now, as it was a couple of years ago.

SlimTim
Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie.
Better Fred than red!
http://fred08.com
Georgians, Tennesseans, join your neighbors here!
Go to Top of Page

mr44

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 7:20:47 PM Show Profile
the way i see it the mak was born during a time when the CCCP was more into building strong reliable weaponry that anything else,,,i feel very well with one in my pocket...DA!
I keep a surplus gun in my pocket for fun and a makarov in my shoe. Go ahead and make my day! surprise me in my drive some night.mr44..If your ever in town some morning stop on by and i will fix you my breakfast specialty; fried eggs and man;;hannibal lector.
Go to Top of Page

mr44

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 7:21:07 PM Show Profile
the way i see it the mak was born during a time when the CCCP was more into building strong reliable weaponry that anything else,,,i feel very well with one in my pocket...DA!
I keep a surplus gun in my pocket for fun and a makarov in my shoe. Go ahead and make my day! surprise me in my drive some night.mr44..If your ever in town some morning stop on by and i will fix you my breakfast specialty; fried eggs and man;;hannibal lector.
Go to Top of Page

SlimTim
TN-GA Shooters Forum Moderator

USA
5238 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 9:17:10 PM Show Profile Visit SlimTim's Homepage

quote:Originally posted by tm45

Maybe this will do? Let'em eat mud.
Go here:
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294814&highlight=makarov

Hey, that's it! Looked for it and couldn't find it, search was pretty useless on glocktalk too.

Strange, your message didn't show up, even after I posted, now it's before my post. Dey's sum MIGHTY big bugz in dis heah forum softweah.

SlimTim
Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie.
Better Fred than red!
http://fred08.com
Georgians, Tennesseans, join your neighbors here!
Go to Top of Page

beasleydano
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 : 10:41:15 PM Show Profile
I say don't tell them about the Makarov. Every now and then a new Glock convert posts his cheap Commie Mak for sale on the forum.
Go to Top of Page

tm45

USA
1086 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 : 01:00:21 AM Show Profile
LOL Slim!!

SYS did the same sort of thing to me earlier too. Read a thread and posted, then a post showed up stamped 45 min. before mine.

BTW, I managed to find that glocktalk link from someone who had posted it here. (forgot who.)
I did a search on ‘torture’ just for the heck of it. And search actually worked!!!

Like my friend Russ used to say: "every cripple has his own way of walk’en."
Go to Top of Page

gigab1te
Gunboards Premium Member

109 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 : 1:09:43 PM Show Profile
A few years ago, I posted a link to a Russian newspaper article that talked about a boy (near Siberia I believe) who was diving in a river and found a Makarov submerged in the mud on the bottom of the river. The police believe the Mak had been thrown into the river by some crooks a few months earlier. The boy didn't know the weapon was loaded, pulled the trigger, and the Makarov fired. I can't get the search function to work, but a search for posts by me with the words river and Makarov and boy should get you to the article.

I just did a quick google search: it looks like the newspaper article is long gone, but here is a synopsis of the article:

http://newsfromrussia.com/accidents/2001/07/11/9869.html
Edited by - gigab1te on 08/06/2007 1:17:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

North Bender

USA
2927 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 : 6:47:54 PM Show Profile
M2 Carbine, who posted that torture test on the Glock forum, is a pretty avid Mak collector. He's also a rabid reloader of 9x18. He and I have traded ammo and opinions in the past. Don't know why he never posts here.
Go to Top of Page
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Forum Locked
Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Gunboards © 2000-2006 Gunboards Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

1 - 1 of 1 Posts