Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time to fire up this thread! Just curious with todays technology in 3d printing how feasible would it b to 3d print some 20/25/30 round magazines?

·
Premium Member
11,864 Posts
Not going to sell many mags with no ammo for this rifle available. I've said it before, get privi partisan to tool up to make it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: bumthum

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would have to agree that 2000 may be low. By comparison, supposedly only 2000 of the Egyptian Rasheeds were imported. How many of those do you see? There always seems to be a VZ52 floating around.
I had a Rasheed that I had a lot of trouble to get it to function correctly. I ended up selling it on Ebay back when you could sell firearms on their website. That's a long, long time ago. Wish I never sold it. They are very rare.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for the feed back. All good considerations for this project. From the responses so far I see the following.

1) It may make sense to make 10rnd mags as well. Current supply is drying up.

2) The present administation may impose the ARB..again. If nobady goes crazy in a mail or school this won't happen right away. I think they have there hands full for the moment.

3) We are all waiting for affordable non corrosive ammo. "Until then it's roll your own". I think this becomes part of owning a unique rifle. Also, part of the fun

4) I got the manufactuing part coverd as I have been devloping "products" for the last 25 yrs. Only pricing will tell. I should know somthing by begining of Feb. Not planning on making these in my basment. These will look O.E.M 1956, eastren block. As if the Russians never made them switch rounds to 7.62x39. I think they would have come up with a 20 rnd mag.

5) The reason for doing this is. The VZ 52 is rugged, well made, accuate,easy to work on and 7.62x 45 is a great round. If I want a rifle in 7.62x39 I will get a VZ 58 style rifle...and I do want one.

6) So no one made a wild guess on how many VZ52 are in the country? Does 1500-2000 seem accurate?

7) In one day I got 81 viewings. This tells me there is interest. I think lots of folks would by 2...I would if the price was reasonable.

In any case it depends on the numbers. I'll will post updates as I get more information.

Thanks again
Do you want to make some real money reproducing VZ52 parts? Make reproduction Handguards and Stocks. There are many barreled actions out there lacking these parts. I think VZ owners would shoot theirs more if they didn't have to risk damaging the fragile handguards and stocks. Think about it, handguards even in poor condition go for over $200. Stock in fair condition go for up to $500. Both are very rare to find these days.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts