Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned 6 Mosin-Nagant M-1944 Carbine's and 3 of them being Chinese Type-53's, I only saw this once. My Dark Stocked 1960 Factory-26 Type-53 had it stamped on the Left Rear Side of the Stock, like a Type-56 SKS Carbine. My other Type-53 from 1960, with the light Colored Chu Wood, did not, it was stamped on the Butt Plate, Having never seen this on any other Year of Type-53 other than 1960, I would guess that by this time, when for some reason, they needed to make the Type-53 for one more Year, and also knowing that the SKS was in full swing for 4 Year's by then, sometime in that limited run, they switched from the Butt Plate to the side of the Stock. This one which I got 4 Year's ago, is my Favorite Type-53 because of the Stamping on the Stock. I am wondering is this Rare? or Common? how may of you all have a 1960 like this? Paul

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
Paul:

All Type 53 Mosins produced in 1960 have the serial number stamped on the left side of the butt stock, not the buttplate like other Mosin rifles and carbines. Your example, pictured above, looks like a beautiful example. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
my 1956 doesnt have the serial on either the stock or buttplate and my nov 1954 doesnt have it on the stock just the buttplate

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
1960 made T53 have the number on the stocks.
On earlier t53 the S/N was added on a refurb work.

Regards

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
at a show today, i saw a 1956 t53, factory 26, all matching with matching numbered stock and on the buttplate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.