Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Ever I come across one in non sporterized shape I usually buy it
I own 7 right now and hope to own more they are fun to shoot.

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,861 Posts
You pose an interesting question. I did not consider myself to be an Italian collector other than having an interest because of a few things I have. That said, I went and counted seven rifles (including a grenade launching rifle with launcher) and three service handguns. I guess I am more involved than I thought.

·
Platinum Bullet member
10,232 Posts
You have a 'launcia bombe'??? I am envious!!! :) Back to the thread... I have one or two. ;) SW

·
Registered
254 Posts
one of my M38 short rifles still has its origional long rifle serial # and its new serial # when the barrel was reused for its 7.35 upgrade.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Carcano Count

I currently have:

7.35mm M38SR SA marked
6.5mm M38SR
6.5mm M91 Carbine
7.92x57 M38TS
6.5mm M41
6.5mm M91 Long Rifle
6.5mm Type I
6.5mm Vetterli

I shoot all of them (at one time or another...)!

Tiledude

·
Platinum Bullet Member
553 Posts
Italian collection

18 WWI or pre WWI and 1 WWII.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
eleven, covering 'water front' of types.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have 3 a 38 short rifle (in need of a hand gurad and front band) a 91 long rifle (made in 1893 refurbed ( Tubatta marked ) in the 1920's and a Type I made for japan by Beretta.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I have 3 a 38 short rifle (in need of a hand gurad and front band) a 91 long rifle (made in 1893 refurbed ( Tubatta marked ) in the 1920's and a Type I made for japan by Beretta.
Check Sarco and Springfield Sporters for the 38SR stuff. I think Sarco had handguards advertised recently.

I just have a 91TS made in 1902 now. Beautiful bore and crossed rifles and bullseye with no import markings. Used to have a Vetterli in 6.5 and a 91 long rifle made at Terni in 1917. Hated to sell those. Am on the lookout for others that are reasonably priced at shows but haven't seen that many in this neck of the woods for a while. Saw an outragously priced Vetterli with a Bubbaized stock for $225:eek: at a recent show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts