Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had experience with the polish light ball in m38s, m39s, and 91/30s? How accurate is it and since it is steel core will it cause excessive rifling wear? I am not worried that it is corrosive.

· Registered
496 Posts
I've run through about 300 rounds or so of my Polish silver-tip via my 91/30 and M44. Can't say as I particularly like it. But that's just because I get sticky bolt syndrome. As far as recoil and accuracy it's very light in the kick and shot some nice 2" groups for me at 100m.

· Registered
534 Posts
There are a couple of different types of ammo out there. They older version 1970s stuff had a pretty good reputation. I have heard complaints about case splits with the 1986 ammo. I have shot both without any problems. Good ammo, decent accuracy, as far as I am concerned. As to how it will shoot in any particular rifle, you just have to try it.
see http://www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmo.htm for testing of this and other ammo.

· Registered
769 Posts
The steel that is used is very, very soft and will not cause faster barrel wear. For the same price I like the Russian light ball.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.