Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently found and bought two PU snipers. One is a 1943 Tula and the other is a 1942 Izvhesk. Both have all matching numbers and I have had the bolts done. My question is, how do you tell if the stocks have been changed? They are both very nice and are lamanites. Do I look for some birch and change them or leave alone?
Thanks in advance.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
I just recently found and bought two PU snipers. One is a 1943 Tula and the other is a 1942 Izvhesk. Both have all matching numbers and I have had the bolts done. My question is, how do you tell if the stocks have been changed? They are both very nice and are lamanites. Do I look for some birch and change them or leave alone?
Thanks in advance.
Are you talking about PU snipers or ex-snipers (since "have had the bolts done").
If you have ex-snipers, the answer is very simple: original stocks sholud have a repair patch where mount base used to be.

·
Silver Bullet Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about PU snipers or ex-snipers (since "have had the bolts done").
If you have ex-snipers, the answer is very simple: original stocks sholud have a repair patch where mount base used to be.

Dohhhhhhhh! I never even gave that a thought. No, there is no splice where the mount was so it really doesn't matter if I leave the laminate stocks on. I have one real PU scope and one repo and the same with the mounts. Thanks for making me think!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts