Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get a Model 46M trigger assembly back together?
Was having problems with feeding on my Mossberg 46M, took it out of the furniture and found the feed tube was opening up and had also come loose and was flopping around.
So I squeezed it, wrapped some saftey wire around just up from the end and cut a new screw to hold it in.
But that was not good enough, no I had to CLEAN the rifle too.
So I took apart the trigger assembly. What a big mistake.
I truly don't know what it is supposed to look like when assembled for action, attached picture is my best guess from Google.
Major problem is how do I get that lower spring to operate the cartridge lift. How do I get that nice looking curve in it.
Assuming that is what it is supposed to look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
How do I get a Model 46M trigger assembly back together?
Was having problems with feeding on my Mossberg 46M, took it out of the furniture and found the feed tube was opening up and had also come loose and was flopping around.
So I squeezed it, wrapped some saftey wire around just up from the end and cut a new screw to hold it in.
But that was not good enough, no I had to CLEAN the rifle too.
So I took apart the trigger assembly. What a big mistake.
I truly don't know what it is supposed to look like when assembled for action, attached picture is my best guess from Google.
Major problem is how do I get that lower spring to operate the cartridge lift. How do I get that nice looking curve in it.
Assuming that is what it is supposed to look like.
That picture shows the mag tube is too far to rifle front. Should fit 'lil further back. There is a hole in it and a teat on the screw that should fit in that hole. That spring does not belong hooked in the notch, should just lay on it. See first pic. above, spring bent way too much may be ruined now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.