Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some months ago, I purchased a No4 Mk2 still in the Arsenal wrapper. It is a 12/1954 manufactured "Irish Contract". Took it out of the wrapper and cleaned it all up. Beautiful blonde stock and metal.
Anyway, took it out to the range today to put a few rounds through it.
What I found was that the last round in the mag would almost always hang up. What is happening is that the round is popping up out of the mag so that when the bolt is closed, the bullet tip will lodge up against the flat end of the chamber, in approximately the 8 to 10 o'clock position.
I had to reposition the round back in the mag and then it would feed fine.
Tried the mag from my 1950 LB and it worked fine in both guns.

So, the question is, how and where do I need to tweak the mag?

Update: on the last round, the back of the case is not coming up high enough, so the round is not held straight up against the feed lips. Mag spring appears to be plenty strong. Do I need to adjust the follower, bend the mag spring, or tweak the feed lips?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What type of rounds are you using?

Those short Remington or Federal round nosed bullets don't feed well. Try a military profile FMJ round.

Dennis Jenkins

Some months ago, I purchased a No4 Mk2 still in the Arsenal wrapper. It is a 12/1954 manufactured "Irish Contract". Took it out of the wrapper and cleaned it all up. Beautiful blonde stock and metal.
Anyway, took it out to the range today to put a few rounds through it.
What I found was that the last round in the mag would almost always hang up. What is happening is that the round is popping up out of the mag so that when the bolt is closed, the bullet tip will lodge up against the flat end of the chamber, in approximately the 8 to 10 o'clock position.
I had to reposition the round back in the mag and then it would feed fine.
Tried the mag from my 1950 LB and it worked fine in both guns.

So, the question is, how and where do I need to tweak the mag?

Update: on the last round, the back of the case is not coming up high enough, so the round is not held straight up against the feed lips. Mag spring appears to be plenty strong. Do I need to adjust the follower, bend the mag spring, or tweak the feed lips?

Thanks for any help.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,636 Posts
Carefully observe the LB mag, then adjust the Faz mag lips to look like it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got an Albanian SKS that misfeeds randomly. It does it from either side and the only thing predictable is that it will misfeed one round in ten.

Drives me nuts to just think about it.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

1 - 5 of 5 Posts