Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings,

I just bought a M44 US (c) for $350.
It has the two position front sight and the S130 peep sight.
No hood on the foresight.
It also has the original sling swivels, bolt cover and one magazine.
The bore is mirror bright, and there are two small freckles in the receiver area.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pictures would help. Sounds close to what I paid in the end. Mine came with no mag (which I had spare), no sling swivels or bases (covered by copper disks) and no front sight hood. Otherwise in very nice condition.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures would help. Sounds close to what I paid in the end. Mine came with no mag (which I had spare), no sling swivels or bases (covered by copper disks) and no front sight hood. Otherwise in very nice condition.

thanks! I'll try to get some pics posted in the next day or two

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
greetings, having some problems with size pf pics, so will try one pic only

and for G&G, the free case they threw in

two more questions;
what is the purpose of that thumb wheel at the bottom of the mag?
if I remove the front sight, will the assy fit on a M46, minus the dovetail block?

thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
The "thumb wheel" on the mag is a .22 short adapter. it is a rod that goes up the length of the mag and keeps the shorts in place. Or it could be a replica mag with just the knob, I have come across a couple of those in the past.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "thumb wheel" on the mag is a .22 short adapter. it is a rod that goes up the length of the mag and keeps the shorts in place. Or it could be a replica mag with just the knob, I have come across a couple of those in the past.

OK, thank you - I'll have to check......

·
Registered
75 Posts
The thumb wheel is as noted above but keep it safe it you take it out. I usually have a second mag to shoot LR. The front sight will fit the 46 models as well. Front sight with dovetails is S-106 and with screw mounting is S-101 ( same basic sight).

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thumb wheel is as noted above but keep it safe it you take it out. I usually have a second mag to shoot LR. The front sight will fit the 46 models as well. Front sight with dovetails is S-106 and with screw mounting is S-101 ( same basic sight).
thank you - I'm trying to restore Dad's M46M to its former condition.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had my 46M(a) to the range this morning. The main difference from the 46M is the 46M had a #4 (also called S-104) peep sight and the 46M(a) updated to a s-100 peep.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yep, that wheel is not fake, it does come out! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
That's about what they go for now. I never paid more than $150 ea. for my 44US, 44(c), 144ls or 144lsa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts