Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For some reason, this site requires me to enter my username and password each time I visit it. I have cookies enable.........and never had this problem before the site was updated. What's the story???

And I also get a laugh out of now being a "Junior Member" after four years and several 1000 postings.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,768 Posts
There's a little box that says "remember me." Are you checking that before you hit the login button?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I most certainly am!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, I don't clear/delete cookies. I have logged onto this site at least five times today and have had to enter my username and password each time.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,768 Posts
When we were running on the previous version of the boards I had to log in every time as well. Wasn't a big deal though, I would just click twice (not double click) in the username spot and "zachary78" would appear. I would double click on my username and the password would automatically fill in. I'm no computer guru but you might give that a try. Also, are you running any spyware software? That could be giving you grief. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No matter what I do, I have to log in each time I visit this website. It's the ONLY one I have to do it on and I am really confused by this.

Perhaps the moderators can help me out?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
One possible reason was mentioned a week ago or so:

the remaining old cookies from the two previous Gunboards incarnations. They may confuse the new system.

Go to the cookies folders of your browser(s) and manually erase all Gunboards cookies. That should do it, to clean out the residue from the system ;-)

Regards,
Alexander

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carcano - nope, there are none there.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It really sounds like you don't have the "Remember Me" box checked. Remember, it is NOT checked by default (whereas it was on the old boards), so you'll have to actually check it yourself when you log in.

When I'm on the work computer, I don't set that box, and it usually kicks me off every 20 minutes or so, and I'll have to log back in to post a response or see pics. It sounds exactly like what's happening to you.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I check the "remember me" box every time I login, without it working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts