Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this sounds like a retarded question but i just bought it at a gun show at one of those stands.. they said it was new but is seems like after getting it and looking over throughly at home it seemed to be a bit used. but how can u check for sure?

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
i know this sounds like a retarded question but i just bought it at a gun show at one of those stands.. they said it was new but is seems like after getting it and looking over throughly at home it seemed to be a bit used. but how can u check for sure?
The best easy check i ever heard was the feed ramp. You'll see some gilding metal on it after even one round feeding. Hard to know foolproof, but that works for me so far.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hopefully you got a new gun, sold by a reputable person. I would take it to my nearest friendly gun shop and have them check it for you. If you bought it from a dealer and find out it is used, not new, you have some recourse; false misrepresentation isn't something that a dealer would want ATF to know about! He should make it right for you if it isn't new.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Beretta like many manufactuers test fires all 92FS pistols before they leave the factory so a small amount of wear would be normal. The 1st place I see wear on a new Beretta is where the locking block recesses into the frame.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Best I can remember Beretta fires half dozen rounds or so. The bore is chrome so it should be shiney, not sooted up. I have never NIB Beretta that had obvious residue, although I am sure a white cloth or Q-Tip would reveal some. To me, an easier way to check would be to look for wear on the Bruniton finish, there shouldn't be any places where the aluminum is showing through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts