Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contact President Trump and your senators. Tell them to oppose HR6395.
Another back door gun confiscation plan for members of our military personnel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't oppose defense spending, I oppose the dems sneaking in things that have nothing to do with defense spending.
Did you read the part where a military person can be red flagged?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The Rats are sneaky, backstabbing little bastards who prey on good people to gain power over them and destroy our country.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,494 Posts
Whole county flying a red flag of chaos ..checks balancing sneakers..
last bill Obama passed 6# Guns sold in a year ok..7# your a fellow dealer for profit..

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was in the army and was privy to some of my soldiers' concerns about domestic violence. It's a thing. Soldiers are not special; they offend at the same rate anyone else does.

With that said, although I agree completely that "red flag orders" are unconstitutional, you do realize that soldiers living on post already give up their personally-owned firearms, right? And that soldiers living off post are subject to the same local ordinances as any other citizen? I'm not sure this pegs my outrage-o-meter, though to be fair that's been recalibrated in recent years.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
57,721 Posts
last bill Obama passed 6# Guns sold in a year ok..7# your a fellow dealer for profit..
So, don't sell the guns.

·
57,721 Posts
I was in the army and was privy to some of my soldiers' concerns about domestic violence. It's a thing. Soldiers are not special; they offend at the same rate anyone else does.

With that said, although I agree completely that "red flag orders" are unconstitutional, you do realize that soldiers living on post already give up their personally-owned firearms, right? And that soldiers living off post are subject to the same local ordinances as any other citizen? I'm not sure this pegs my outrage-o-meter, though to be fair that's been recalibrated in recent years.
Very true.

Some years back, my daughter & son-in-law took me to Carlisle Barracks for a tour. They about pissed when they realized that I was carrying my Hi Power.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,494 Posts
Been changing to given them a way lately ironically right after the change too!
I'm legal now since the last few weeks enlightenment .
will stay that way ThankS to you, Lymans mentorship...
never my intentions to stray from honestly..
nor being lead to suppression’s constitutionally..Muted..subliminally..in tactical mode.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Exactly. A conviction in a court of law for domestic violence is one thing.

If this passes every jilted girl in Fayetteville will be calling the sheriff and red-flagging soldiers. Half the 82nd and all of SOCOM will be non-deployable, LOL. That is what makes it so dangerous.

If you are living off post and move in next to Seattle Sally or Portland Paul or any other "Social Justice Warrior", that soldier is going to end up having to prove he is innocent.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Contact President Trump and your senators. Tell them to oppose HR6395.
Another back door gun confiscation plan for members of our military personnel.
Hmmm, I don't think that might help, maybe.

Give ya one guess who said this;
"We're going to take the firearms first and then go to court."
Then banned bump stocks and ruined a perfectly good company.

·
Registered
17,110 Posts

Red Flag isn't needed... simply put, a commander can order the same thing with

·
Registered
846 Posts
Red Flag isn't needed... simply put, a commander can order the same thing
Absolutely they can and they will too if warranted.

I had good leadership for the most part while in Army. Most Sergeant Majors would even keep rooms in the barracks open for married guys. If Joe got in a fight with the wife he could call the CQ. They unit would send a cab to get him and CQ would give him a room in the barracks for the night. In the morning, make sure the room was presentable, put your linen in the laundry basket, and turn the key into the CQ. Payday, kick a few bucks into the cab fund and that was the end of it.

Saved many a marriage and a career.

·
57,721 Posts
last bill Obama passed 6# Guns sold in a year ok..7# your a fellow dealer for profit..QUOTE]

What is the citation to the USC for this.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,494 Posts
I found it in fed regs when you enlighten me concerning taxes..
I had a ton of stuff sorted through..
dumped it all when your research was interestingly correct ..
More so in a modern state..
never exposed in my backwards state.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,399 Posts

That (the giving up personally owned firearms) is a new one. Never had to in my decade plus in a green suit. Did have to register them with Provost Marshal in Germany. Soldiers have ALWAYS been obligated to obey local statutory law and ordinances.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm a US Army veteran and also own a few guns. The only way the bastard democrats will get any of them will be over my lifeless old carcass.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Exactly. A conviction in a court of law for domestic violence is one thing.

If this passes every jilted girl in Fayetteville will be calling the sheriff and red-flagging soldiers. Half the 82nd and all of SOCOM will be non-deployable, LOL. That is what makes it so dangerous.

If you are living off post and move in next to Seattle Sally or Portland Paul or any other "Social Justice Warrior", that soldier is going to end up having to prove he is innocent.

You know- you might think this is not really a "thing" but I have had my Armed security personnel lose their jobs because some stupid GF or pissed ex wife found out that all she had to do to get back at them for a bad breakup or a bad anniversary ( really, NO shit) was to CLAIM , not prove, domestic violence and the guy lost his ability to be armed. And then lost his job. NOT convicted, NOT arrested, NOT even charged, and the judge signed the order and the guy had his life ruined. So for those in the .MIL, this could be a huge deal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts