Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this up at an estate sale and was wondering if anyone has any info as to year of manufacture and value. Pictures show the condition of this old double. One firing pin looks like it has been replaced or repaired, otherwise it appears to be in good shape. It locks up tight and doesn't "rattle" when you shake it like most of these old guns will. Any info would be very appreciated.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
Looks like a very nice example of the H&A sidelock hammergun made circa 1906-1909. It's a better, more modern gun than the earlier designs H&A made after acquiring Forehand and Davenport. Hammer replacement is common on all hammer guns.

If its tight its probably perfectly shootable but I'd have a gunsmith check it out and gauge the chambers. The 2 3/4 inch shell wasn't standardized until about 1926.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I may shoot it sometime in the future but if not then it looks good on the wall. It locks up nice and tight and the bore looks good with very little pitting. It appears to have been well taken care of and is not beat up as most of these old relics are. Paid $165 for it so it's not a high dollar wall hanger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.