Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a k98 for quite awhile and finally found one at the local Shriner's gun show yesterday. I paid $500 for it. Hoping I didn't pay too much. I know that every single part that I can find, with a serial number, matches and there are no import marks. On the receiver, it reads, 147 and dated 1938. The only problems I can find is a crack in the handguard and it is missing the cleaning rod.

I've been doing some research on it, but was hoping a "k98 guru" could tell me a little more about the rifle. Also, can someone please tell me the proper length for the cleaning rod, so I can pick one up.

Thank you very much,

JC

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hello, If you got an all matching k98 for 500.00, you should go get a lottery ticket. RC's are going for that now days in a lot of places. How is the bore? And try to post more and better pics if you can. Yours with the 147 code was made by J.P. Sauer I believe, good deal you got there.
That rifle would take the short ten inch cleaning rod.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,417 Posts
Would like a close-up of bolt root s/n & WaA on underside.
The Rt stock cartouches should read WaA214, not 63, so can we also view the s/n on keel & inside barrel channel?

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,417 Posts
Fail X2.
Suggest trying the same route whereupon initial 9 pix were posted.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,417 Posts
Try logging out here, then clear the cache on your PC.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,220 Posts
Try using posting pictures using the Go Advanced down by the Post Quick Reply. Posting pictures off your computer has been quite a hassle for some time now. Been quite a few complaints but they're not listened to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.