Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a local gun shop today. Seldom does it have anything that interests me. Owner showed me these two. Said he didn't want to mess with them, and that he would make me a deal on the pair. $20.00 out the door. Did I do OK?

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That remains to be seen. State law has changed. Now a 45-70, or any other pre-1898 cartridge is considered "primitive". Therefore, any single shot, chambered in these cartridges is legal to deer hunt with. (during the special season) And, they can be loaded with smokeless powder. And, you can mount a magnification scope! So much for a primitive black powder season. I don't shoot, or hunt with BP, but it pisses me off!!! P.S. Stuffy, your avitar, is that photo shop, or for real?

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
P.S. Stuffy, your avitar, is that photo shop, or for real?
PPS Stuffy:

Your avitar has grossed me out from the first moment I saw it many moons ago. :barf: It's so bad that I have never read one of your posts, I just skip right over them. It goes without saying that you can use any image you want, as long as Vic and Tuco don't object, but I can't help but be curious why you chose such an ugly woman? :confused: One of the best things about being a man is looking at beautiful women. :thumbsup: Short, fat and ugly ones...you can have them. :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The black one is a Traditions, made in Spain, Lightning Lightweight. The plain Jane, is a CVA Blazer. Both .50 cal. The Blazer, is one of the most basic guns, I have ever seen. Yeah, I was being a smart @$$.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Golly Richard, I hope you don't go through all of life with that predisposed judgement. If so, your missing out on a lot. The girl looks like she might be quite attractive. She just has an extremely enormous bohind!

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
Golly Richard, I hope you don't go through all of life with that predisposed judgement. If so, your missing out on a lot. The girl looks like she might be quite attractive. She just has an extremely enormous bohind!
TW:

I confess. I'm a snob. I love beautiful women, beautiful firearms, beautiful dogs, beautiful anything and everything. Snuffy's avitar burns my eyes.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,178 Posts
TW:

I confess. I'm a snob. I love beautiful women, beautiful firearms, beautiful dogs, beautiful anything and everything. Snuffy's avitar burns my eyes.
It's Stuffy, not Snuffy. As for the women, it's just a picture I picked-up somewhere, I also love great looking women, it just amazes me what some of them will wear in public thou. I'll keep it for now, sorry it offends you.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
It's Stuffy, not Snuffy. As for the women, it's just a picture I picked-up somewhere, I also love great looking women, it just amazes me what some of them will wear in public thou. I'll keep it for now, sorry it offends you.
Stuffy:

Sorry for the typo on your handle. I wasn't trying to be a wise ass. I'm glad to learn that you prefer pretty women! Now we have something in common. :thumbsup:

·
Copper Bullet member
1,178 Posts
PPS Stuffy:

Your avitar has grossed me out from the first moment I saw it many moons ago. :barf: It's so bad that I have never read one of your posts, I just skip right over them. It goes without saying that you can use any image you want, as long as Vic and Tuco don't object, but I can't help but be curious why you chose such an ugly woman? :confused: One of the best things about being a man is looking at beautiful women. :thumbsup: Short, fat and ugly ones...you can have them. :)
How about my new avitar Richard? I'm a member of the CWSA 25th IA. Thought I might as well use something that really means allot to me, and my son, he's 14, and loves to shoot his Maynard in team competition.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
How about my new avitar Richard? I'm a member of the CWSA 25th IA. Thought I might as well use something that really means allot to me, and my son, he's 14, and loves to shoot his Maynard in team competition.
Stuffy:

I like it. I guess we have more than the love of beautiful women in common. ;) My first collecting area of interest involved Civil War militaria. It started when I was about 12 years old. I can't tell you how many hours I spent studying the Francis Lord books on the subject. Your son is a lucky kid. I would have given anything to own and shoot a Maynard at his age.

I'm sorry to be the cause of your avitar change. I really did hate it but I do respect your right to choose whatever you wanted. My comment was spurred not by a desire to make you change it, it was simple curiosity as to why you chose it.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,178 Posts
Stuffy:

I like it. I guess we have more than the love of beautiful women in common. ;) My first collecting area of interest involved Civil War militaria. It started when I was about 12 years old. I can't tell you how many hours I spent studying the Francis Lord books on the subject. Your son is a lucky kid. I would have given anything to own and shoot a Maynard at his age.

I'm sorry to be the cause of your avitar change. I really did hate it but I do respect your right to choose whatever you wanted. My comment was spurred not by a desire to make you change it, it was simple curiosity as to why you chose it.
No hard feelings on my part, change is good, take care, live long.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It seems that the Blazer had a recall/replacement program going some years ago. They had a bad habit of blowing the nipples out of the breech. Not good! I contacted CVA, and all I have to do is ship the gun to them. They will send me a factory refurbished modern inline to replace it. Not a bad deal. So, off to CVA with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.