Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bayonet did the Remington Model 1934 accept?

The 1934 was an interwar contract for Honduras using the M1917 rifle as its platform. Chambered in 7x57 and fitted with Mauser-type rear sight on the barrel. Bayonet lug on the forward band.
Did they use a P13/M17 type or a Mauser variant?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One would think so, but since they were already using a Mauser rifle system and the 1934 was built with Mauser type sights and chambering I had to wonder. With only 3000 or so delivered they’re on the rare side and surviving examples are often found in varying stages of decay.
If I had the rifle it would be easy to round up a bunch of bayonets to try them.
Thinking if there is a variant of the British design then there is a place for one in the collection. If I came across one I would pounce on it. Not hesitating and missing it to someone else like what happened years ago when I came across a South African version P13. Not just ZA issue, but one of the domestic versions with the shorter blade.

Nice condition Australian scabbard and frog with your P13. I remember when they came in country. Here one day and gone the next.
I kept a couple NOS Mangrovite scabbards but let the frog go when I traded off an Aussie L1A2 bayo. Probably shouldn’t have done that.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they accepted the standard M1903 Springfield bayonet. View attachment 3927493 View attachment 3927494
Thank you very much. Although it doesn’t look quite like standard. The crosspiece/muzzle ring looks taller in the pic. Could be the view angle, but is the blade length shorter?
Are there any markings to be aware of?

Sorry for the added questions. I know a little more now than I did before you posted.
Leads me to ask what I didn’t know to ask before.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
Now to figure out how they pulled it off and why they didn’t do it sooner.

It looks as though the front band isn’t secured by a through-screw in the normal fashion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts