Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rifle is being offered at the next Walter Borg auction in Sweden. It's a Swedish sniper variation I haven't seen before. Supposedly only 30 were made for the Homeguard according to the auction description. Looks very cool I think! I used Google to translate the description from Swedish to English.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,681 Posts
fm/90

That is similar to the fm/90 prototype sniper rifle in 7.62x51 NATO caliber with Swarovski 6x40 scope & threaded muzzle . Never adopted . SARCO had several of these for sale a few years ago . I do not remember the price , but I think maybe $6000 . Does anyone else remember the correct price ? SARCO had several sets of the mount & rings for sale as well . Got a set , but never made a project out of them . The base wraps around the receiver & is screwed in on top of the receiver . That tightens up the action because of the thumb cutout in the receiver , or at least that was the idea . The stock needs relief for the base . I will see if I can find photos ?

Attachments

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,681 Posts
fm/90 mount & rings

Here is the mount , which would be a difficult machining job at the least !!!!!!!!!!! With this base , you can only load one round at a time into the magazine well , since the base covers up the charging guide .

Rings are ready made Mannlicher type .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
I want to say that the base was around $250 and rings were another $200??? I only remember the price range of the base because I was a broke college student at the time and I remember I just wanted to buy a base and make a clone of one later. At the time, the price was acceptable for me, but I didn't pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking closer at the bipod mount, I think it's mounted to the front of the stock and not to the barrel. That would make more sense for accuracy.
Hard to tell for sure, but the hardware on the barrel looks like a scope ring mounted with the clamp side up. Not sure why though.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.